HAL- CUSTOMER SERVICE- DISGRACEFUL!

Rambozo68

4 hours ago, cbr663 said:

Wow.  This reads like we will process your refund when we decide to get around to it.  Such poor service.

Thanks for getting back to us with the update.  

They are not the only ones who do this. We have tickets for a concert that has been cancelled. When I asked where our refund is, I was told it could take up to 30 days. (When paying for tickets, they of course do not say you have 30 days until you have to pay.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

They are not the only ones who do this. We have tickets for a concert that has been cancelled. When I asked where our refund is, I was told it could take up to 30 days. (When paying for tickets, they of course do not say you have 30 days until you have to pay.)

Funny how that works, isn't it? 

HAL seems to be hiding behind the system change. I've never had a time lag anything close to what's being reported here when a tour was cancelled. 

• Like 6

On 10/2/2024 at 1:40 AM, HUNKY said:

Rambozo - it seems your friends bank kicked the refund back to HAL. 

“As the request was rejected by the issuing bank”

Does your final statement show that a credit is owed?  Service charges and purchases didn’t use up some of the refund?

Hi Hunky, both my bank, and my friend's bank, confirmed that no attempt was made to make the payment. 

On 10/2/2024 at 4:35 AM, floridababa said:

We have learned to get any credit due us in $$$ the last day or night before end of cruise. I rather have the cash than the headache of waiting for refund to a credit card

Hi Florida, being based in the UK, a refund in dollars is more of a hassle again.

And the simple fact of the matter here is ...... processing a refund to a credit or debit card, is one of the easiest things to do. In previous posts above, Amazon was cited as a great example of how it's done! Simple!

• Like 2

Just received a check for our credit on our last cruise.  Cruise ended Aug 24.  Six weeks.  

We were told (and final statement says) the credit was going to be applied to our credit card, but, oh, well, we got our money.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

Just received a check for our credit on our last cruise.  Cruise ended Aug 24.  Six weeks.  

We were told (and final statement says) the credit was going to be applied to our credit card, but, oh, well, we got our money.

Cash/deposit it quickly!!!! 

• Haha 1

I was on a standby cruise which was paid at time of booking . Just 3 days after not getting onboard, the money was paid back on my credit card already.

It just adds up to all other good experiences I’ve had with the HAL customer service, onboard as well as with the Rotterdam office. No complaints. 

• Like 1