**LIVE** from MSC Seascape YC (Yacht Club) - Caribbean & Bahamas from Miami 14 September to 28 September 2024

Best Cat Mom

20 hours ago, rrraydon said:

I'm new to MSC so still learning the ropes. I have two sailings booked YC, one on Seaside and one on World. You mentioned a choice of a bottle of liquor, does this amenity come with booking YC or is this amenity as a result of a loyalty status (Diamond)?

YC amenity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

The one bottle of liquor is a YC amenity for each YC suite except the Royal and Owners suites.  If you are sailing in a Royal or Owners Suite in the YC I believe you receive six bottles of alcohol with those rooms. 

If you look at the list of Spirits in the mini-bar menu photo above, I believe you get your choice of one of those six selections.  You just tell your Butler which one you would like. 

I had to check my confirmation booking because I wasn't sure what I booked in the YC for either of them.

Seaside is an inside and World is a balcony, but not a Royal or Owner... One bottle of booze then. Sounds good!😁

Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

You did not happen to try the Udon Noodles did you?  What they served for Udon on Divina was definitely not udon noodles and I know my DW will be upset if she orders it and get a form of spaghetti noodles again. 

I am debating whether to break the news to your DW ?

2 hours ago, Best Cat Mom said:

BCD was only too happy to teach Kassandra how to make it. It is one shot of espresso, one shot of Baileys, one shot of Kahlua, and one shot of coconut rum, shaken and poured over ice in a high ball glass.

Please let them know that Georgia Peaches will be on board in November and would like this concoction as well!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, morpheusofthesea said:

I know you are the kind of man that can handle the truth. Udon noodles were a spaghetti type in a sweet sauce. Break it to her gently after a pitcher of her favorite libation.

I think instead I will just tell her when that menu comes around to not order them because they will be the same as last time. 

3 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I think instead I will just tell her when that menu comes around to not order them because they will be the same as last time. 

And another tip. The standard refrain I most often hear repeated in the TSL to the butler staff “ Bring us a pitcher of our favorite libation every 7 minutes until one of us passes out, then bring one every 10 minutes.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, morpheusofthesea said:

"Bring us a pitcher of our favorite libation every 7 minutes until one of us passes out, then bring one every 10 minutes.”

There was a time when I would be guilty of such actions but I have mellowed out as I have aged (can't use the word matured as I am not sure it applies to me) I find myself no longer succumbing to such temptations.  These days I tell them to keep an eye on my DW, when she's not looking bring me another. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, no1talks said:

That concoction is not far from being a Mudslide of sorts. Too bad "Rumslide" is already in use.

I'd like to know more about the Rumslide you mention.

Several years ago, at Sandals in Jamaica, my DW invented a drink that SHE called a "Rumslide": take the standard mudslide recipe and replace the vodka with golden rum and replace the Baileys with rum cream. She taught several bartenders how to make it and they remember every time we go back.

• Like 1

Day 2 continues...

[She's only on Day 2?? What the heck are they doing on that cruise? Having fun or something? -- Yes, having fun and something.]

As we were starting to think about lunch, who should find us in our quiet little corner of TSL but @morpheusofthesea and Mrs. Morph. We enjoyed chatting a bit, traded "car for liquor" as Morph mentioned in his (on time) post on Sunday, and before we knew it, the time arrived for their noon lunch reservation in the TS restaurant. They are a delightful couple and the exact two we had spotted on Embarkation Day -- wait, was that only the day before? wow -- at a quiet little table in the corner of the restaurant. There of 2 of those corner tables, one port and one starboard and they face out to the sea. We've occupied those tables in the past and they can make it seem that you are the only two people in the world when you sit there. Well played, Morph, well played!

We went upstairs to the TS restaurant and enjoyed some champagne while perusing the menu. We started with a chicken Caesar salad for BCD and the prosciutto and mozzarella for me. Sorry that we forgot to take pictures; we just dug right into our food.

For entrées, BCD had a burger and I had the pork:

image.thumb.jpeg.a1ffbbf0b94942d0cb66c3bdbbeea010.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ed4efa046df5f7b257c95ab51ad347ef.jpeg

The ketchup served to BCD today was the British Tiptree variety:

image.thumb.jpeg.b87bb955c31051bc6aeb31e0ebaaa864.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.19b5223c8872a28cff6f6d5803449886.jpeg

BCD, being fully aware of ketchup-gate, suggested we include images of the widely-criticized alternative to Heinz. The two are quite different, with Tiptree being on the sweet side and Heinz being more of a vinegar style. The contrast reminds us of the difference in some barbeque sauces in America.

We skipped dessert and spent the afternoon in TSL.

Evening came upon us so we returned to the room to dress for Elegant night. We arrived to the restaurant around 8pm. We had our customary champagne while reviewing the menus and the sommelier stopped by our table to find out what we'd be ordering so he could suggest the accompanying wines. By the way, we've now discovered that our sommelier's name is Rodin (rhymes with Robin, as in Batman and Robin). We have no idea who Ronnie John is, but hope to meet him one of these days as well.

Gala dinner menu:

image.thumb.jpeg.e37e58f560f2bfc4503cc0dfd3dca8b9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e46e6097d2d987a4d74b3b6d5fb14de2.jpeg

We both ordered the escargots for our starters, mine had the baguette omitted:

image.thumb.jpeg.b6f257e22281294f5423dd0c00b07171.jpeg

For dinner, we both chose the filet and lobster tail, with a champagne risotto to share. Rodin brought us a Barbera d'Alba, which was hearty enough for the beef, yet had no tannins that would overpower the lobster:

image.thumb.jpeg.ebb2381530283c953a3abcb5bed2cdbc.jpeg

BCD chose to try the crêpes suzette but barely made a dent (sorry, no image) while I enjoyed the last of my wine.

We retired to the cabin fully satisfied after dinner, knowing that we an early day the next morning because of our Puerto Plata excursion.

Day 3 is next…

Edited by Best Cat Mom
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, bobndee said:

I'd like to know more about the Rumslide you mention.

Several years ago, at Sandals in Jamaica, my DW invented a drink that SHE called a "Rumslide": take the standard mudslide recipe and replace the vodka with golden rum and replace the Baileys with rum cream. She taught several bartenders how to make it and they remember every time we go back.

The Rumslide originated at the same place on Grand Cayman that invented the Mudslide, way back in the day.

In a nutshell, dark rum is substituted for the vodka.

Many cocktails have global, regional, local, and individual versions. And that's perfectly fine. 🙂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Best Cat Mom said:

seem that you are the only two people in the world when you sit there.

I picked that table out at the height of the Covid pandemic as the most isolated table in the restaurant with at  least no one on two sides coughing and hacking.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Best Cat Mom said:

who should find us in our quiet little corner of TSL

Allow me to describe Santa's workshop transported from the North Pole, ensconced in a quiet corner of the TSL. Elves acting as butlers running back and forth trying to quench the thirst of the hard working. Design plans of the genius cleverly kept secret only in his mind. He graciously tries to convey the engineering concepts being employed that go right over our heads as we watch nibble fingers magically twist and cut and measure and twist and cut again. Doing all this and carrying on a conversation at the same time. Magically a masterpiece of automotive engineering appears before astonished eyes and coveted by young and old. As @Best Cat Mom whispers words of love and admiration.

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Best Cat Mom  That time has arrived.  I am making my last post before powering down this last computer and then taking my fully packed backpack upstairs to join our luggage as it awaits to be packed in our car.  

We plan to leave for our hotel in about an hour and get settled in before having a leisurely dinner and getting a good night's sleep.  Our flight to Miami boards tomorrow at 0820 with a scheduled departure time of 0900.  

I think I'll hold off on starting my live review until tomorrow once we reach our hotel in Miami. 

@morpheusofthesea  It's a shame that despite what I am positive was a very strenuous effort on the part of BCM, BCD, and their friend, we were unable to convince you and your DW to hang around for another week.  We would have enjoyed meeting the two of you.  Maybe on some future cruise.  

• Like 2