Coffee Machines in Britannia Club cabins

rrobbins

2 minutes ago, rrobbins said:

If it is not too much trouble, could you take a picture of the coffee machine in your Britania Club Room and one of the pods?

Thank you.

Unless you are of Italian extraction, there is point in this. No other nationalities appear to be capable of working the things. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Unless you are of Italian extraction, there is point in this. No other nationalities appear to be capable of working the things. 😀

which is why I take my own instant coffee.

Quicker, tasty and no coffee machine degree required! 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rrobbins said:

If it is not too much trouble, could you take a picture of the coffee machine in your Britania Club Room and one of the pods?

Thank you.

Going by YT videos, I'm fairly sure it's an Illy E.S.E.

Think that's same on QM2. I was checking it's dimensions to see if it would fit under the bed. We don't eat or drink in our bedroom.

https://www.illy.com/en-gb/espresso-machines/ese-coffee-machines?page=1

And the pods

https://www.illy.com/en-gb/coffee/ese-coffee-pods

9 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Even DW had some problems with the Illi machine this summer on QE! Some mild cursing. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

Music to my ears especially if the 'words' were in 'expressive'  Italian!

Let's hear it for instant coffee! 😅

We did find the problem though -  Cunard has two types of Illy coffee machines with two different sets of directions. In our case, one set of instructions was placed with the other coffee machine. “Open drawer and place in capsule”. There was no drawer on ours…

So make sure you have the instructions that match the machine. 

4 minutes ago, NE John said:

We did find the problem though -  Cunard has two types of Illy coffee machines with two different sets of directions. In our case, one set of instructions was placed with the other coffee machine. “Open drawer and place in capsule”. There was no drawer on ours…

So make sure you have the instructions that match the machine. 

Ours have been the pod type and I tried to follow instructions but I must be a coffee machine thicky as I couldn't get it to work.

No problem as I love my Cap Colombia instant more anyway although the milk onboard does give it a less than perfect taste.

We had this one in our room:

https://www.illy.com/en-us/coffee-machines/all-italian-espresso-machines/ese-pod-coffee-machine/coffee-machines-illyese-us-p.html?dwopt_60500_subscriptionOG=0&dwvar_coffee-machines-illyese-us-p_color=Black&pid=60500&quantity=1

The problem with the one in our room was it only gave very short amounts of coffee, so we downloaded its manual and saw that it was blinking for descaling. We got some descaling liquid from our steward (who said they do that 2-weekly, but it seems they don't do it the way Illy describes it) and after we descaled it the buttons stopped blinking and we reprogrammed one button for a correct espresso amount. (ca. 30 ml) 

Edited by Caipi