Applying credit card reward for OBC

When is the best time to apply the $300 on board credit that was earned on my Bank of America Royal Caribbean credit card. Final payment on my cruise isn’t due until the end of September. Should I wait until after final payment or can I do it now? Also, if anyone knows the process for doing this, I would appreciate the steps I need to take…thanks in advance.

18 minutes ago, cruzemaven said:

When is the best time to apply the $300 on board credit that was earned on my Bank of America Royal Caribbean credit card. Final payment on my cruise isn’t due until the end of September. Should I wait until after final payment or can I do it now? Also, if anyone knows the process for doing this, I would appreciate the steps I need to take…thanks in advance.

The points have to show up on your monthly statement to be applied.  I always wait until fairly close (two weeks ahead or so) to my cruise date to redeem.  Log into your BoA account, choose "Rewards and Deals".  You will see your credit card rewards there.  Then choose "Redeem" and go through the steps.

1 hour ago, handbellplayer said:

The points have to show up on your monthly statement to be applied.  I always wait until fairly close (two weeks ahead or so) to my cruise date to redeem.  Log into your BoA account, choose "Rewards and Deals".  You will see your credit card rewards there.  Then choose "Redeem" and go through the steps.

Thanks, so I can do all the steps online? I don’t need to call anyone?

Just now, cruzemaven said:

Thanks, so I can do all the steps online? I don’t need to call anyone?

No - all online. I usually keep copies of the confirmation to take with me, just in case - but I’ve been doing this a long time and I’ve never had a problem.