Wifi cheaper to book before cruise or on the ship???

1 hour ago, Lovecruising831 said:

When we were on board last time we could each use one device with our own login name and password.

This is correct if each of you has an individual internet package, either paid for or part of HIA. The question her is if two people can share a plan for multiple devices, and they can, which would be less expensive per device.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Lovecruising831. said:

I don’t think so. I will phone tomorrow and check but when I go to order it charges per person for each plan.

We both used my one multiple device plan in December. Two people, 2 phones, 1 tablet and one laptop. It cost less than 2x single device plans.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lovecruising831. said:

Did you have to use the same log in and password? 

Not POA1, but the answer is yes. However, the username and password for internet is now your cabin number and birthdate, not the password you use for your online account.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lovecruising831. said:

Not the Mariner password anymore? When did they change that?

Sometime between December and March. When we were on the Nieuw Statendam in December, you used your Mariner ID & password. By March, it was cabin and birthday. We used multi device on both cruises without issue.

It's about five bucks a day extra.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, POA1 said:

Sometime between December and March. When we were on the Nieuw Statendam in December, you used your Mariner ID & password. By March, it was cabin and birthday. We used multi device on both cruises without issue.

It's about five bucks a day extra.

So it’s more expensive to get two single wifi than one multi device correct?

2 minutes ago, Lovecruising831. said:

So it’s more expensive to get two single wifi than one multi device correct?

Yes. 

@Lovecruising831 You are posting the same questions on two current different threads. It will be more efficient and way less confusing to you and everyone if you keep to one thread with questions.  Thanks!

Edited by oakridger

19 minutes ago, oakridger said:

Yes. 

@Lovecruising831 You are posting the same questions on two current different threads. It will be more efficient and way less confusing to you and everyone if you keep to one thread with questions.  Thanks!

Sorry, but I know some people don’t read all the threads.

There was a long thread where we discussed issues texting between iPhone and Android users but I can’t find it now, so I’m going to mention it here. Apple has finally updated their operating system and with iOS 18 you can now text over WiFi to Android users! For the techies out there, it uses RCS instead of SMS/MMS. I tested it by texting my daughter and was able to see the status that says it was delivered and then read, which it never did before. I live in an area where there is little to no cell coverage and I normally can’t text her Android phone (keeps failing). I feel so connected now!

So now, you can easily text between Apple and Android phones on the ship’s WiFi! 🥳

1 minute ago, Zippercat said:

For our upcoming 2025 cruises the website only shows Stream and Premium internet packages.  Has Surf been discontinued?  

I believe I’ve seen others mention that Surf is only available with some of the Have It All packages. I have it with my next cruise, which is the “lower” HIA (Surf WiFi, Signature bev pkg, no crew appreciation…). I’ll be upgrading to Premium WiFi as soon as I’m onboard.