Hub Chat w/ Unlinked Cabins?

I KNOW this has been discussed before but I can't figure out the right search terms to find the answer...
We have some friends who will be on the cruise with us but, as of yet, we have not linked our cruises as we won't be dinning together. We would like to be able to chat with them via Hub and are trying to figure out ahead of time what we need to do to facilitate this.

Tanks for your help all

There's a search feature.  I can't remember exactly where to find it, and it is somewhat hidden.  It only took a minute for me to find it.  I forget what info they ask for in the search tab, but it is set up so you can't randomly invite people to chat, you'll have to know who you are searching for (which is a good thing, imo).

Both people must have already paid for the chat feature in order to find them.  Once you find them, they have to accept the invitation.

• Thanks 1

There's a $5 pp charge to unlock and have the Chat feature enabled, regardless of who you wish to chat with whether same cabin or not. 

So you'll just need to pay the fee and unlock the Chat feature via the Hub app then you can search and find the people you're looking to chat with.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bg2310 said:

There's a $5 pp charge to unlock and have the Chat feature enabled, regardless of who you wish to chat with whether same cabin or not. 

So you'll just need to pay the fee and unlock the Chat feature via the Hub app then you can search and find the people you're looking to chat with.

Is it $5/day or $5 for the entire cruise?

TIA

Ashley