Question on formal nights

taylordg

On 9/15/2024 at 3:26 PM, Essiesmom said:

White night yes, formal no.  At least it’s that was from the US.  Maybe Europe is different.  EM

No Formal on any ships around the world that we have encountered. We have done Northern Europe, Middle East, and Mediterranean in the last 3 years.

6 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

There may not be any formal nights on cruise ships any more, but there are still many classy people that still dress formal on all cruise ships.

On our recent Seascape cruise Elegant/Gala night, DW and I were pleasantly surprised at the number of tuxedos in the YC restaurant, worn by passengers not staff.  We were even more surprised at the number of GenPop passengers that were dressed in some sort of elegant/gala/dressy/formal attire.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

There may not be any formal nights on cruise ships any more, but there are still many classy people that still dress formal on all cruise ships.

You'll have to forgive me - I packed a sports coat but there is no tie in my luggage. 

52 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

An ascot will do just fine .

I have never owned or wore one.   

I am just a poor country boy from Alabama trying to survive in a big city world. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

30 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I am just a poor country boy from Alabama trying to survive in a big city world. 

Just take a towel wrap it around your neck and tuck it into your Hawaiian shirt and you're in the club!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

I have an assistant waiter that can whip up most anything out of a few pieces of paper towel and toilet paper.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Sounds like you never had the unpleasant experience of visiting Toraja Land. They do not bury their deceased loved ones, they hang them out to dry. Now that's unsettling.

download.jpg

Okay now I find this fantastic. I find other cultural traditions wonderful. Now I'm going to have to go learn more! Thanks for sharing. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Sounds like you never had the unpleasant experience of visiting Toraja Land. They do not bury their deceased loved ones, they hang them out to dry. Now that's unsettling.

I have never heard this before.  Like @SwimmingDragon I am going to need to look into this further.

16 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

download.jpg

May be unsettling but this is me on most mornings before a cup of coffee.

• Haha 2

On 9/19/2024 at 5:41 AM, SwimmingDragon said:

Okay now I find this fantastic. I find other cultural traditions wonderful. Now I'm going to have to go learn more! Thanks for sharing. 🙂

If you like that, you should look into the Capuchin Catacombs in Palermo Italy.

Google that. Was amazing to see it.

• Like 2