Drinks package - Black Friday sale

bbstx

I have already bought a drinks package for a reduced rate.  When I bought it, there was a lot of advice in the forums to “buy now, but cancel and re-buy if it goes lower on Black Friday.”  How do I do that?  Every time I try to check the package price (ok, I know it isn’t Black Friday yet), it just shows me the current package I have bought.  If it goes lower, will I be able to see the new price?

Edited by bbstx

If it's showing you the same price, that's because it's still the same price. If the price goes up or down, you'll see it. The "reserved" sticker in the corner just shows that you bought it already, it's not indicative that it's necessarily showing you what you purchased it for. The fact that it's the same price is just coincidence. 

18 hours ago, Traveler1977 said:

I’ve done this several times. Keep checking for price reductions. If you see a better price, cancel your existing reservation and make a new one at the reduced price. I’ve done this for excursions and dining reservations as well. 

Quoting this because I need more info on canceling and rebooking when there's OBC in play.  If I use it on this, will I lose it?   

1 hour ago, NanciRDH said:

Quoting this because I need more info on canceling and rebooking when there's OBC in play.  If I use it on this, will I lose it?   

When you cancel, the OBC gets reinstated on your account.  When you make your next purchase, the OBC gets applied again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, brillohead said:

When you cancel, the OBC gets reinstated on your account.  When you make your next purchase, the OBC gets applied again.

And that's exactly what happened when I called into to reprice from 25% to 30% a few weeks ago. Keeping an eye out for 35% off...

21 minutes ago, xfer said:

And that's exactly what happened when I called into to reprice from 25% to 30% a few weeks ago. Keeping an eye out for 35% off...

Keep an eye on price per day, not the percentage off.... they can/do change the base price so the percentage isn't necessarily relevant.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HappySailer88 said:

Has anyone waited until a week to ago to purchase the BP and it's been cheaper? Any rhyme or reason to this logic?

Last year I waited until Black Friday, and it was more than the month before. 

I think the "sales" are driven by demand - Our Utopia sailing kept going up closer to sailing

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, tOSUSteve said:

I think the "sales" are driven by demand - Our Utopia sailing kept going up closer to sailing

Agree... Price for the package on our cruise earlier this month approached $80 per day for the 'sale' price, while we paid $42 per day on Symphony a few years back (I know, those days are gone).

We don't purchase it any more, as we've been able to stretch our five free C&A drinks per day combined with the suite lounge freebies.    

• Like 1

Actually, I was given $100 to our stateroom (50 per person). However when I log on under my name, it just showing $50. I want to be able to use the $100 when I book the  drinks package. Any ideas on how to get the $100 showing on my account.

2 hours ago, tOSUSteve said:

I think it is safe to assume the “sale” price is directly related to demand. Almost without exception the price of the deluxe drink package on 3/4 day cruises (I.e. party cruises) is higher than the price on longer cruises. To me that makes perfect sense since more people are likely to be drinking more on shorter cruises. Pre-COVID I was happy buying the package in the 50s or low 60s per day. Now I  happy when I get it for low 70s per day.