On Serenity Now?

loriva

With Serenity starting its Canada and Northeast cruises, those of us with cruises in the upcoming weeks would love to hear of your experiences.  With the ships reportedly sailing at near capacity, I hope that someone on board can chime in!  (Bonus points for Reflections or menus!)

Currently on board and happy to report we are enjoying beautiful weather, the legendary service from Crystal, and wonderful food thus far in Waterside as well as last night in Osteria d’Ovidio. Leo doing a great job in Waterside and Paolo, as always, adding his expertise and warmth to the speciality restaurants. 

Some of you might remember we were hoping to have a Classic Aquamarine instead of the newly renovated Sapphire we were booked in due to our late reservation change to this itinerary. Classic Aquamarines were sold out so we checked with Concierge just after boarding and although there were still no Classic Aquamarine suites left there was one Classic Sapphire, a bit forward but we did switch to it from the 2023 renovated  Sapphire and we are very pleased. The closet is definitely larger than the 2023 renovated and the decor suits us much better. We are very happy with this suite! 

We have been told there are approximately 600 on board and at no time have we felt in the least crowded. Check in and boarding process went very smoothly. Many welcome home hellos and Cobb Salad with Champagne all went as they should 🥰

If there are questions I can answer while on board please let me know and I will try to do my best as we have always appreciated those who given us on board reports.

Rest assured, all staff and crew on board continue to work very hard to ensure that new Crystal is not just as wonderful as old Crystal but even better!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Ibis said:

Currently on board and happy to report we are enjoying beautiful weather, the legendary service from Crystal, and wonderful food thus far in Waterside as well as last night in Osteria d’Ovidio. Leo doing a great job in Waterside and Paolo, as always, adding his expertise and warmth to the speciality restaurants. 

Some of you might remember we were hoping to have a Classic Aquamarine instead of the newly renovated Sapphire we were booked in due to our late reservation change to this itinerary. Classic Aquamarines were sold out so we checked with Concierge just after boarding and although there were still no Classic Aquamarine suites left there was one Classic Sapphire, a bit forward but we did switch to it from the 2023 renovated  Sapphire and we are very pleased. The closet is definitely larger than the 2023 renovated and the decor suits us much better. We are very happy with this suite! 

We have been told there are approximately 600 on board and at no time have we felt in the least crowded. Check in and boarding process went very smoothly. Many welcome home hellos and Cobb Salad with Champagne all went as they should 🥰

If there are questions I can answer while on board please let me know and I will try to do my best as we have always appreciated those who given us on board reports.

Rest assured, all staff and crew on board continue to work very hard to ensure that new Crystal is not just as wonderful as old Crystal but even better!

Looking forward to our own boarding in NYC in two weeks!

If posting Reflections or menus is too much, we would love your comments on any enrichment or entertainment you have experienced and any dishes you find particularly fabulous.  We're particularly interested in the semi-sea days when putting into Halifax and Quebec late (as well as departing Halifax at 1500 hours.)  Also, has Waterside been open on any port days given the higher passenger count?

Many thanks,

Waterside currently closed for lunch on port days. All food has been excellent with only one or two exceptions and depending on personal taste and preference others may have enjoyed those as well. Best to follow your own inclination as you know your preferences. There is a very wide range of choice on the dinner menu in Waterside. 

• Like 4