Kettles on Celebrity Edge ex Australia

AussieChook

23 minutes ago, AussieChook said:

Can anyone shed any light on the provision of kettles onboard Celebrity Edge (please, no other ships)? Are they easily available?

Unless cruising from Southampton kettles are not generally provided in rooms.

In our experience when cruising in a higher suite in a range of ships worldwide we have been able to pre request a tea tray and kettle set up through the shore side concierge so I think all ships have some on board.

I suggested to a CC poster who had medical issues that they request a kettle through special needs and they reported back they had been given one.

If you are not in a suite and don’t need a kettle for medical issues then I suggest on boarding you ask your room attendant if it would be possible. If you get a negative it could be worth politely asking at guest relations if they could provide a kettle for you. Then it will depend on how many they genuinely have on board. From comments others have made sometimes they have received one no problem but on other occasions they have been told none were available.

However, remember a kettle and cups etc take up a significant amount of counter space in your room. You can request tea to be delivered to your room at breakfast. The buffet has free tea and coffee 24/7. Also if you have a drinks package there is Cafe Al Bacio which I think opens at 6am. 

I understand you probably want a yes or no answer but unfortunately I don’t think you will get one…

• Like 1

Thanks Chemmo - yes, I know tea/coffee can be delivered to the cabin and is free in the buffet etc. just wanted it to be more convenient to us! Celebrity needs to bring in kettles to all it’s ships as cruisers are multinationals now, not just from the US.

24 minutes ago, AussieChook said:

Thanks Chemmo - yes, I know tea/coffee can be delivered to the cabin and is free in the buffet etc. just wanted it to be more convenient to us! Celebrity needs to bring in kettles to all it’s ships as cruisers are multinationals now, not just from the US.

As a fellow morning (and afternoon!) tea drinker I do agree it is nice to have a kettle in the room. Unfortunately, lots of guests aren’t tea drinkers and given the choice of a kettle or a coffee maker would go for the coffee maker!

On the positive side it does mean that not that many guests are likely to request one upping your chances…

Thanks Mauidiver - I’m very pleased to hear that! We’re doing the transpacific from Sydney next year, getting off in Honolulu, and the thought of not having an easily obtained cup of tea in the morning was doing my head in!!