Silver Muse Cruise Now Cancelled

Baz-t

Sorry to hear about this.  It might be that Muse was scheduled to transit the Red Sea in March/early April. You might take a look at a segment of the world cruise on Dawn in 2027. It has a similar itinerary with no Middle East transit.

Edited by Syd58

1 hour ago, Syd58 said:

Sorry to hear about this.  It might be that Muse was scheduled to transit the Red Sea in March/early April. You might take a look at a segment of the world cruise on Dawn in 2027. It has a similar itinerary with no Middle East transit.

Though the Muse cruise that is cancelled is in January 2026 and there is still a Capetown to Mumbai cruise before the red sea transit in 2026.

It smells suspiciously like a charter. Bad luck for the esteemed guests. So of the next 4 cruises that were the next bookings for us, One had a charter inserted between our back to back cruises One voyage on that back to back already cancelled and the other disappeared from the website a few days ago.

The next 2 are Mumbai to Mahe then Mahe to Capetown which looks like it is gone. I don't want the Mumbai cruise unless the next sector was to Capetown. So it looks like we will be 4 for 4 cruises gone.

Edited by drron29

12 hours ago, Baz-t said:

Booking for Silver Muse from Seychelles to Cape Town in January 2026. Just been advised the cruise has been cancelled. Very disappointing, especially as a similar cruise is going in 2025 and 2027

Azamara Journey has Port Louis to Cape Town on 20th January 2026, maybe this is an option?

This seems very similar to the situation I had this year with a December 2024 Silver Dawn Cruise that we booked and was then cancelled by Silversea.  The initial schedule did not allow for enough days to get the ship from Athens to Mumbai via Africa (instead of using the Canal) thus our Mumbai to Singapore segment got cancelled.  Its very upsetting, and we had to reorganize our entire trip, but its hard to blame Silversea for the schedule changes - the changes are driven by world events.  The dreaded ""Waitlist"" is horrible and it takes so long to get accurate information.

That said, it looks like the entire Muse season (2025/2026) in Africa is being cancelled or rethought.  Moving ships from Europe to Asia/Southern Africa/Indian Ocean empty is very expensive and time consuming.  Itineraries with ports along the west coast of Africa are not big sellers thus the lines have few alternatives.  Also consider insurance issues.

This is a luxurious problem, but there are less and less options in cruising due to world events.  No Black Sea itineraries, Russia is out, ports in Israel are out , Red Sea cruises are not operating.  That the transit of the Suez Canal is being avoided is impacting cruises that include/begin/end in the Gulf, India, East Africa, Southern Africa and the Indian Ocean.  There is a reason that we are seeing more and more Polynesia itineraries, Med cruises running into November and December and Canary island cruises.  The choices are limited.

• Like 3

It is even worse than I expected. Our travel agent who was on the Silversea Expert Committe of Travel Agents and had BM's private number and would get an email back within a couple of hours had booked cabins on our Mumbai to Capetown cruises on Tuesday this week. That night they went to waitlist. So she got in touch with Silversea. This was her response last night.

" She heard back last night that these
cruises were being reassessed and more information would be coming through
in mid-October.

We have not received any official notification from Silversea regarding your
cruises. This is all being worked on behind the scenes with Silversea."

So I am hoping that these cruises will go ahead with just the Capetown to Mahe cruises cancelled. This would give the Muse time to get from Capetown to Athens.

However knowing my luck they may keep the Muse in the Med from December to April over 25/26.

No more cruises with Silversea will be booked unless some very generous offer is made.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, drron29 said:

It is even worse than I expected. Our travel agent who was on the Silversea Expert Committe of Travel Agents and had BM's private number and would get an email back within a couple of hours had booked cabins on our Mumbai to Capetown cruises on Tuesday this week. That night they went to waitlist. So she got in touch with Silversea. This was her response last night.

" She heard back last night that these
cruises were being reassessed and more information would be coming through
in mid-October.

We have not received any official notification from Silversea regarding your
cruises. This is all being worked on behind the scenes with Silversea."

So I am hoping that these cruises will go ahead with just the Capetown to Mahe cruises cancelled. This would give the Muse time to get from Capetown to Athens.

However knowing my luck they may keep the Muse in the Med from December to April over 25/26.

No more cruises with Silversea will be booked unless some very generous offer is made.

that's really disappointing as I know you have a long history of sailing with Silversea. You might need to consider one of the other premium lines. I have a Norway cruise in a couple of weeks on Dawn. Am taking a friend as DH has recently had an ICD and is not allowed to travel. Will be considering whether it is worth looking elsewhere after though. 

Edited by Aussieflyer
  • Like 1

My husband and I had just booked Mumbai to Capetown a week ago ( Dec 2025-Jan 2026).  The Mahe to Capetown referred to by the OP was the second leg of our trip.  Have not been on Silversea in ages as have been loyal to Seabourn.  Decided to try something different and this iten appealed despite having visited many of the stops by land.  Asked my travel agent about it yesterday and she checked with Silversea who said they are sold out as around the holidays.  This is clearly not the case.  I would just appreciate honesty and good communications and the ability to cancel before making pre and post cruise plans given they know this far in advance.  I hope they make this known to all soon.