Club Orange on Rotterdam

jabrown40

We are on a 12 night Panama Canal cruise in March, and I was pleasantly surprised to find out today that Club Orange was still available for our sailing. I'm very excited to try it, I like the idea of the dedicated, smaller restaurant and lounge, but the best part was the verandah upgrade, because we were able to switch from a regular verandah, to an aft facing balcony!  Looking forward to seeing a sunset from time to time or just watching the wake in the moonlight.  Does anyone know if they still have the complimentary mimosas at breakfast?  

Just off the Rotterdam with CO.  We asked to be seated in the same servers area for the entire 14 day cruise and were accommodated.  Luckily, we had the best server, Wi, who has been with HAL for a long time.  Many may remember him from the Prinsendam.  There is also complimentary fresh squeezed OJ available at breakfast. We loved sitting by the window and having a cocktail before dinner from the Half Moon bar,  The service from Joann was excellent.  

• Like 3

His name is pronounced we. There are no seats by the window in the CO dining room.  The seats by the window are where we sat for pre dinner drinks.

On the right of this photo are seats by the window; on the left is the CO dining room.IMG_1789.jpeg.ae495010f71f355a368dab5a38c72402.jpeg

Capachinos are also complimentary for breakfast in Club Orange Dining Room and I thought they were very good.  I had a mimosa, cappuccino and fresh squeezed  orange juice each morning. We loved the smaller venue Dining room for breakfast an dinner.  An upgrade on your cabin is an added plus.  You are fortunate they still had availability for Club Orange.

Had CO on the Rotterdam 150th Anniversary sailing last year (plus 2 5-nights added on after).

Absolutely loved it!  Never had a drink at that little bar near the dining room since we always went to the Pinnacle bar.  Sad to say, I can't remember the names of the two bartenders there, but they were great.

I wasn't that found of the male Maitre D, but really liked the female.  She was friendly, efficient, and helped us with some specialty dining reservations that were pre-booked but messed up when we checked on them after boarding.  Really enjoyed her.

So spoiled by having that separate dining room that I have to have it now on Pinnacle-class ships.  Unfortunately, though, that class ship doesn't have my favorite "large interior" cabins, so the upgrade for that doesn't have the value it has for me on Vista & Signature class. 

4 minutes ago, jabrown40 said:

So if I have the Have it all package, the cappuccino, mimosas, and freshly squeezed juice don't count as one of my 15 drinks?

No it will not count. You will not need to give them your card when you order these CO included beverages. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

Had CO on the Rotterdam 150th Anniversary sailing last year (plus 2 5-nights added on after).

Absolutely loved it!  Never had a drink at that little bar near the dining room since we always went to the Pinnacle bar.  Sad to say, I can't remember the names of the two bartenders there, but they were great.

I wasn't that found of the male Maitre D, but really liked the female.  She was friendly, efficient, and helped us with some specialty dining reservations that were pre-booked but messed up when we checked on them after boarding.  Really enjoyed her.

So spoiled by having that separate dining room that I have to have it now on Pinnacle-class ships.  Unfortunately, though, that class ship doesn't have my favorite "large interior" cabins, so the upgrade for that doesn't have the value it has for me on Vista & Signature class. 

Was that Yuliia? She was great.

I was getting lunch at Dive-In one of the days and she was up there serving the orders in addition to her CO duties. 😱