Moving cruise Deposit to another cruise- UK booking

Lolou127

Hello everyone, has anyone in the UK recently been able to move their deposit from one cruise to another further out in time? I was able to do this in February 2023 but I’m wondering if it’s still allowed?

8 minutes ago, Lolou127 said:

Hello everyone, has anyone in the UK recently been able to move their deposit from one cruise to another further out in time? I was able to do this in February 2023 but I’m wondering if it’s still allowed?

Yes, I have. As long as you are before final payment. There is a cost of £75 for guests 1 and 2 on the booking, free if you are Elite or over. Phone, or get your TA to do it. Do not try to do it on line…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chemmo said:

Yes, I have. As long as you are before final payment. There is a cost of £75 for guests 1 and 2 on the booking, free if you are Elite or over. Phone, or get your TA to do it. Do not try to do it on line…

Thank you Chemmo, we aren’t at final payment yet, but unfortunately a close family member is quite poorly, I’m concerned about paying for the upcoming cruise because their illness is now considered pre existing and would not be covered by our travel insurance if it reoccurs and we couldn’t travel 😢 I’m thinking it’s better to kick the cruise down the road! I may just be delaying the inevitable though!

20 minutes ago, Lolou127 said:

Thank you Chemmo, we aren’t at final payment yet, but unfortunately a close family member is quite poorly, I’m concerned about paying for the upcoming cruise because their illness is now considered pre existing and would not be covered by our travel insurance if it reoccurs and we couldn’t travel 😢 I’m thinking it’s better to kick the cruise down the road! I may just be delaying the inevitable though!

Totally understand, all the best to you and your family…

• Like 1

Yes, Chemmo is correct: X waives the admin charge if you are Elite or above in the Captain’s Club (I checked this recently with X in the U.K. as I wasn’t sure if this was still the case post pandemic). I should have checked but I think it’s only allowed once FOC.

Edited by villauk
  • Like 1

Yes, I did last week.

Had to change the dates of our 2025 cruise.

I did not have to pay the £75 per guest charge as we reached Elite level in the Captains Club.

Never knew that was a perk, so it was a very pleasant surprise.

We did lose the onboard credit from the original cruise, but that was not a problem because it was only a small amount.

• Like 1