Our 2nd Carnival Venezia B2B - 14 more days of "Fun Italian Style" (with pics) - 8/31/24

Jamman54

Great timing with this review. Been on the fence for a bit on both of these itineraries.

Glad I got to see all the beautiful, interesting, and historical pictures in the meantime.

Had a great offer for a 12 night Venezia sailing next November but I just couldn't commit to 6 sea days so the search continues☹️

• Thanks 1

Thank you for another great review! Will Ryan ever make it back to sea with you? I really appreciate how thoughtful Patti is with her photos, showing just about everything as you travel. Your commentary flows so well. I feel like I'm reading a really good book every time I follow one of your reviews. Thank you again for taking us along ❤️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, AKR2011 said:

Thank you for another great review! Will Ryan ever make it back to sea with you? I really appreciate how thoughtful Patti is with her photos, showing just about everything as you travel. Your commentary flows so well. I feel like I'm reading a really good book every time I follow one of your reviews. Thank you again for taking us along ❤️

Thanks for your kind words. As of now there are no plans for Ryan to cruise with us. However,  he is spending a week with us in Florida this January,  so that's a step in the right direction! 😃

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Patti’s not leaving the cabin tonight. At 7pm I make my way to the Limelight Lounge for a PG Comedy Showcase starring John Knight and Merl Hobbs……  

IMG_3272-XL.jpg

Comedy Club Host Lisa Marie is getting the show started. This is going to be her last show as she is leaving the ship to go on vacation tomorrow. She did a great job. Clare will be taking over as Comedy Club Host starting with the next show later tonight…..

IMG_3275-XL.jpg

IMG_3278-XL.jpg

IMG_3286-XL.jpg

John Knight takes the stage first…….

IMG_3291-XL.jpg

IMG_3294-XL.jpg

IMG_3310-XL.jpg

IMG_3317-XL.jpg

IMG_3327-XL.jpg

Now it is Merl Hobbs turn…….

IMG_3332-XL.jpg

IMG_3346-XL.jpg

IMG_3347-XL.jpg

IMG_3369-XL.jpg

IMG_3375-XL.jpg

Both comedians were very good. On my way back to the cabin I passed through the Atrium where Impromptwo were playing…….

IMG_3380-XL.jpg

IMG_3381-XL.jpg

Back at the cabin we put out our luggage to be picked up. We had barely got the suitcases out in the hallway when they came and swooped them up. We didn’t even get a chance to take the sad suitcase pictures!

Coming up next: All good things must come to an end.

Merl Hobbs was on the Panorama in August. Our best friends and the hubby and I took our three grandsons. We went to Merl’s show which was great and the boys loved it. They had never been to a comedy show so wanted a pic after with Merl which he happily obliged. Turns out he lives about 20 miles from us in Southern California, small world! 

Thank you so much for another wonderful review, Patty’s photos are gorgeous as always. I loved the Firenze and am looking forward to the Venezia in November 2025. It will be the hubby’s first and undoubtedly only time visiting NYC but I plan to drag him around to see as much as he can take! 😜 

IMG_7144.jpeg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Patti heads up to the Lido to check out the Festa Italiana…….

IMG_3153-XL.jpg

IMG_3154-XL.jpg

IMG_3155-XL.jpg

IMG_3156-XL.jpg

IMG_3157-XL.jpg

IMG_3159-XL.jpg

IMG_3161-XL.jpg

Patti peeks into the Piano Bar where Hans is playing……

IMG_3165-XL.jpg

IMG_3167-XL.jpg

These are the comedians for the last two nights of the cruise…..

IMG_3171-XL.jpg

IMG_3173-XL.jpg

Patti then went and got us a pizza and brought it back to the cabin. Thanks babe!

Coming up next: Our last day aboard the Carnival Venezia.

Thank you for this review. As I’m reliving my cruise thru this. And I’m in one of your pictures from Fiesta Italiano Night. I’m the one in the yellow shirt holding the iPad recording the violinists in the lower right. This is James and it was nice meeting you and Patti. Looking forward to your next review. Would it be OK if I saved a couple of pictures Patti took, as I had excursions in every port and didn’t see some of these things you 2 did. Thank you in advance.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, LaRue1975 said:

Merl Hobbs was on the Panorama in August. Our best friends and the hubby and I took our three grandsons. We went to Merl’s show which was great and the boys loved it. They had never been to a comedy show so wanted a pic after with Merl which he happily obliged. Turns out he lives about 20 miles from us in Southern California, small world! 

Thank you so much for another wonderful review, Patty’s photos are gorgeous as always. I loved the Firenze and am looking forward to the Venezia in November 2025. It will be the hubby’s first and undoubtedly only time visiting NYC but I plan to drag him around to see as much as he can take! 😜 

IMG_7144.jpeg

Wow, what a great picture! Thanks for reading and for your kind words. Enjoy your cruise on the Venezia and your time in NYC! 😎

6 hours ago, #Bluesea said:

Another wonderful review and photos! I always look forward to reading along your travels. Patty's photos are outstanding. Beautiful and detailed! Thank you for sharing your knowledge and thoughts!  Looking forward to your next adventure! 

Thank you so much! 😃

6 hours ago, saunalick said:

Thank you for this review. As I’m reliving my cruise thru this. And I’m in one of your pictures from Fiesta Italiano Night. I’m the one in the yellow shirt holding the iPad recording the violinists in the lower right. This is James and it was nice meeting you and Patti. Looking forward to your next review. Would it be OK if I saved a couple of pictures Patti took, as I had excursions in every port and didn’t see some of these things you 2 did. Thank you in advance.

Thanks James! It was a pleasure to meet you as well. Feel free to use any of our pictures for your personal use. Enjoy! 😎

You and Patti never disappoint! The picture of the sun setting thru the bridges window is amazing! Most people on here have a particular ship or itinerary on their bucket list; the top of my list is sailing with you someday from our beautiful homeport! Hope you’re both feeling better and enjoying your Sunday. GO YANKEES ! 🤞👍🤞

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Crusin Karen said:

You and Patti never disappoint! The picture of the sun setting thru the bridges window is amazing! Most people on here have a particular ship or itinerary on their bucket list; the top of my list is sailing with you someday from our beautiful homeport! Hope you’re both feeling better and enjoying your Sunday. GO YANKEES ! 🤞👍🤞

Thanks Karry! Next time out of NYC will be in 2026. Stay tuned! 😃

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

Thanks Karry! Next time out of NYC will be in 2026. Stay tuned! 😃

I’ve been waiting for them to post ‘26 schedule from Manhattan. I’ll be on Venezia 5/26/25. I’ll be on MSC Meraviglia 11/3 with DS 1, DIL and 5 young (very well behaved lol) grands. 🤪 After cruising solo past 5 cruises, that’s going to be quite a different experience! 😵‍💫

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Webecruzen said:

Thank you for another great review with awesome pictures. So we will miss you, Patti, and Ryan in January.

Thanks again. We're so sorry that we're going to miss you guys, but we're locked into the dates. We'll catch you next time. 😎

• Like 1