Our 2nd Carnival Venezia B2B - 14 more days of "Fun Italian Style" (with pics) - 8/31/24

Jamman54

5 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Like I mentioned before, we have cruised from New York City many, many times. In case you didn’t know, New York City is served by three cruise terminals. The Manhattan Cruise Terminal, where we are leaving from today, is used by Carnival and Norwegian Cruise Lines. Ships visiting New York City will usually use this cruise terminal. We love this cruise terminal the best, as it gives the best sail away experience. You get to cruise down the Hudson River, then the New York Harbor, under the Verrazano Narrows Bridge (VNB), and then out to sea.

The Red Hook Cruise Terminal is in Brooklyn, and is home to Cunard, Princess, and MSC Cruise Lines. Cape Liberty Cruise Terminal is in Bayonne, New Jersey, and is home to Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruise Lines. With these two cruise ports you don’t get the Hudson River experience, but they are great to sail out of as well.

What follows is our sail away experience. The pictures will basically tell the story, though we’ll point out some areas of interest. We wish that it was a sunny day as the pictures are usually brighter and sharper when it is, but at least it’s not raining!

A little before 4pm Patti leaves the cabin to head up to the open decks to document our sail away. I’m going to grab a drink and watch from our balcony. Here are some New York City views from up on Deck 12 before we sailed…..

IMG_9115-XL.jpg

IMG_9106-XL.jpg

IMG_9105-XL.jpg

IMG_9108-XL.jpg

IMG_9111-XL.jpg

IMG_9114-XL.jpg

IMG_9117-XL.jpg

Looking north up the Hudson River to the George Washington Bridge……

IMG_9107-XL.jpg

There is a small luxury cruise ship that’s visiting New York City docked over at Pier 90. Not sure what ship that was……

IMG_9104-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

Best sail away in the Americas.  The neighborhood got classy. I see.

• Like 1

Agree on the home port, better sail away than the other two (they are not bad, but not as good).  Nothing beats the views as you cruise down the Hudson of the NY skyline.  Now the long narrow terminal is another story….

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

There is a small luxury cruise ship that’s visiting New York City docked over at Pier 90. Not sure what ship that was……

IMG_9104-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

Looks like the Seabourn ships I’ve seen in Alaska.

• Like 1

Glad to see another one of your great reviews. I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this ship.  

We will be on the Venezia 11/30/25 for the 14 day S Caribbean out of PC. 

We also live about 35 miles from your Favorite Cracker Barrel in Santee, SC.  😀

• Haha 1