Thanksgiving Dinner

kapcruiser

17 minutes ago, kapcruiser said:

If Thanksgiving falls on an elegant night? Do they change the elegant night? I’m assuming they have a special turkey dinner.

We have been on 8 Thanksgiving cruises (my DDs didn't miss as many school days and they were competitive swimmers, so we didn't miss a meet) and I remember a special Turkey dinner available along with other dinner selections.  Our last couple Tday cruises were 4 to 5 day cruises which doesn't include lobster dinner. I'm thinking if Elegant Night was also Tday then both dinners would be available.

Side-note:  Do not get your hopes up for their traditional Thanksgiving dinner.  It's not very good.  If you do get it, I'd opt for a 2nd entre to go along with it!

Second side-note:  Expect a very very long dining experience on Thanksgiving night.  I know some like the longer dinners, but some do not.  We're usually in and out in an hour and a half, or less.  On the Spirit for Thanksgiving 2023, it was between 2 and 2.5 hours.  The couple next to us got up and left and a solo diner a few tables over got up and left as well.  She stopped by our table on the way out to compliment us on sticking it out.

Thanksgiving cruises are awesome though!  No coordinating with family on what, when, where, why, who, or how.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aggie182 said:

Side-note:  Do not get your hopes up for their traditional Thanksgiving dinner.  It's not very good.  If you do get it, I'd opt for a 2nd entre to go along with it!

Second side-note:  Expect a very very long dining experience on Thanksgiving night.  I know some like the longer dinners, but some do not.  We're usually in and out in an hour and a half, or less.  On the Spirit for Thanksgiving 2023, it was between 2 and 2.5 hours.  The couple next to us got up and left and a solo diner a few tables over got up and left as well.  She stopped by our table on the way out to compliment us on sticking it out.

Thanksgiving cruises are awesome though!  No coordinating with family on what, when, where, why, who, or how.

We get one turkey dinner for the table so we can take a Thanksgiving “bite”. The Thanksgiving dinner last year was pretty good. We shall see on our Sunshine Tday cruise this year!🦃🤞

• Like 1

Do not get your hopes up for their traditional Thanksgiving dinner.  It's not very good.  If you do get it, I'd opt for a 2nd entre to go along with it!

Interesting enough we discovered in the past that for Thanksgiving, the dinner provided in the MDR was not very good and the turkey on the buffet was much better!  Whole, carved turkey sliced to order with all the fixings on the buffet.  Its one of the few times we actually plan to eat in the buffet area if we cruise during Thanksgiving.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drazil65 said:

Do not get your hopes up for their traditional Thanksgiving dinner.  It's not very good.  If you do get it, I'd opt for a 2nd entre to go along with it!

Interesting enough we discovered in the past that for Thanksgiving, the dinner provided in the MDR was not very good and the turkey on the buffet was much better!  Whole, carved turkey sliced to order with all the fixings on the buffet.  Its one of the few times we actually plan to eat in the buffet area if we cruise during Thanksgiving.  

Agree go to the buffet and get real turkey not that pressed stuff. ..this... ^^^

• Like 1

Have done two, seven day Thanksgiving cruises and on each one TDay was the second elegant night.  They moved the lobster to the first elegant night and had a special TDay menu for Thursday.  It was ok, but het turnkey was a turkey roll, not carved from a bird.  I get it that they are plating hundreds of dishes at a time and carving from a bird is not consistent (while meat, dark meat, etc.)  The turkey in the buffet was much bester, carved to you specifics right off the bird.  

• Like 1