CD for Symphony in December

kmkord

1 hour ago, kmkord said:

I'm considering cruising on the Symphony for back to back cruises in December.  Does anyone know who will be the cruise directer in December?

Yes. The current schedule is Russ  Grieve will be CD Barcelona to Tema, Vicki van Tassel will be CD Tema onwards.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TER777 said:

Yes. The current schedule is Russ  Grieve will be CD Barcelona to Tema, Vicki van Tassel will be CD Tema onwards.

I'd heard Russ will be leaving. Is this permanent? Or will he be back? If he's leaving, I'll be sad. I adore him - my favorite cruise director ever - but my next Symphony cruise isn't until May. Waaah!😭

2 hours ago, Leejnd4 said:

I'd heard Russ will be leaving. Is this permanent? Or will he be back? If he's leaving, I'll be sad. I adore him - my favorite cruise director ever - but my next Symphony cruise isn't until May. Waaah!😭

FALSE! He is not. 

Where did you hear such a rumor?

3 hours ago, TER777 said:

FALSE! He is not. 

Where did you hear such a rumor?

I don't remember where I heard it, but obviously I heard wrong! I'm SO relieved! I'm probably remembering something wrong. Sorry for my confusion, and thank you for clearing that up. It wouldn't feel like a Symphony cruise without Russ!

22 hours ago, Leejnd4 said:

I don't remember where I heard it, but obviously I heard wrong! I'm SO relieved! I'm probably remembering something wrong. Sorry for my confusion, and thank you for clearing that up. It wouldn't feel like a Symphony cruise without Russ!

Both Russ and Vicki, the two Symphony CDs, are fabulous. I greatly enjoy being on board with both of them. As to who will be there in May, it seems that Russ will be on until late May as per the current schedule. Oh, as may I. See you there!

Edited by TER777
  • Like 2

i've never met Russ because when I was on Symphony in May, Vicki was the cruise director and she was phenomenal!  She's funny and does her job very well.  I will be on Symphony in November and hope to see her again on the cruise from Rome to Venice.  And that will be my last Symphony cruise.  My next four Crystal cruises are all on Serenity.  However, I will be back on Symphony in March, 2026!

10 hours ago, TER777 said:

Both Russ and Vicki, the two Symphony CDs, are fabulous. I greatly enjoy being on board with both of them. As to who will be there in May, it seems that Russ will be on until late May as per the current schedule. Oh, as may I. See you there!

Awesome on BOTH accounts! Would be fun to meet you, after seeing you on this board for so long.

We will be on back-to-back cruises - Rome-Marseille & Marseille-Tarragona, May 21-June 4. So it sounds as if he'll at least be on the first one. If he's on the first and Vicki is on the second, that's great - I do keep hearing good things about her (thanks @USCAdventurer for your comments) and it would be fun to experience them both. I wish I could remember where I heard Russ wouldn't be on Symphony - it's possible it was just a temporary departure for him and I read it wrong.

Anyway, will you be on either of those itineraries? If so, I've started roll-calls for both already, so please head over! I've been so disappointed in the participation in roll calls lately. I did a Paul Gauguin cruise recently and while a few lovely couples showed up (and joined private tours with us), it wasn't like the good-ol-days when we'd have dozens of people and were able to set up private tours in every port. 

4 hours ago, USCAdventurer said:

my next crystal cruise is in november from rome to venice on Symphony.  after that, my next cruise is june 12, 2025 from lisbon to plymouth, england on Serenity.

I was originally booked on that cruise. I recall seeing you in the roll-call. But the timing wasn't going to work, so I pushed it out and ended up booking two back-to-back cruises in May instead. I do hope somebody else picks up the task of organizing private tours! That's going to be a lovely itinerary, enjoy!

3 hours ago, TER777 said:

Lisbon to Marseilles!

Ah, so you're on the itinerary right before we board, and then you'll be with us on our first leg of our B2Bs. Do pop over to the roll-call. I'm an "organizer" type, and I love to arrange private tours for any other cruisers interested in joining us. Even if you're not interested, please just say hello! Maybe we'll get lucky and get a few more people in the roll call. It's always nice to have a few ready-made friendships before boarding.