**Live** MSC Seascape 9/21-9/28 & 9/28-10/5 Caribbean Cruise

DaKahuna

27 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

It’s on this menu.  Not sure how often the menu’s change but it was a very good tasting dish. 

IMG_3118.thumb.jpeg.6d668e4aa60071e8945347cb434a64c8.jpeg

Thanks. I know why I missed it. Due to an allergy I never look at the pasta choices. I’m thinking about ordering it without the ravioli! The broth looks wonderful.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mommapadraig said:

Thanks. I know why I missed it. Due to an allergy I never look at the pasta choices. I’m thinking about ordering it without the ravioli! The broth looks wonderful.

The broth was very good.  The pieces of lobster were spread throughout the sauce. 

• Like 1

My wife’s breakfast arrived as ordered.  She’s happy.

IMG_3153.thumb.jpeg.4ea0ea617c7f477b78b81c901f412811.jpeg

Breakfast this morning consisted of a toasted bagel, cream cheese, smoked salmon, capers and onions.  

IMG_3154.thumb.jpeg.9fcdf000b14b58afe2101dd178c4a59c.jpeg

and some scrambled eggs and bacon.

IMG_3155.thumb.jpeg.b869814fee9a3c46e7eb9abf44982c98.jpeg

And look who as making his way around the restaurant talking with guest.  

He stopped by my table and we exchanged a few sentences but he’s been talking with these three ladies for over 10 minutes.  He’s very personable and seems to be a delightful person. 

IMG_3156.thumb.jpeg.09ea4e196fc3a788a719d616dab00634.jpeg

• Like 2

That first Holiday Coffee’s was so good, I am now having another.

IMG_3158.thumb.jpeg.df3221ecbc6599bf771d9c297c04320b.jpeg

This time from the comfort of our room.

was fun watching the birds flying around the side of the ship diving into the water occasionally to grab a small fish or to see one snatch a flying fish that came up above the surface of the waves.

it’s like the birds know the ships bow wave will cause smaller fish to come closer to the surface or to ‘jump’ out of the water.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DaKahuna said:

That first Holiday Coffee’s was so good, I am now having another.

IMG_3158.thumb.jpeg.df3221ecbc6599bf771d9c297c04320b.jpeg

This time from the comfort of our room.

was fun watching the birds flying around the side of the ship diving into the water occasionally to grab a small fish or to see one snatch a flying fish that came up above the surface of the waves.

it’s like the birds know the ships bow wave will cause smaller fish to come closer to the surface or to ‘jump’ out of the water.

I have to write down the ingredients. I’m not sure if I went to the top sail and asked for @Best Cat Mom ‘s holiday coffee they’ll know what I mean!

6 minutes ago, Mommapadraig said:

I have to write down the ingredients. I’m not sure if I went to the top sail and asked for @Best Cat Mom ‘s holiday coffee they’ll know what I mean!

If you are on this cruise or next week’s they’ll know.  The current morning bartender, Kassandra, is leaving when we reach Miami for Turn Around Day but I have already verified that at least one other person in the TSL knows how to make them correctly.   After that I can’t promise anything.  But as I have done with other drinks, write the recipe and directions down and they’ll do their best to make it. 

It worked for me with my Zacapa Old Fashioned, that I like made a little different than a normal old fashioned. 

P.s. I think it her husband, BCD, that created the drink but don’t hold me to that. 

Edited by DaKahuna

2 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

If you are on this cruise or next week’s they’ll know.  The current morning bartender, Kassandra, is leaving when we reach Miami for Turn Around Day but I have already verified that at least one other person in the TSL knows how to make them correctly.   After that I can’t promise anything.  But as I have done with other drinks, write the recipe and directions down and they’ll do their best to make it. 

It worked for me with my Zacapa Old Fashioned, that I like made a little different than a normal old fashioned. 

P.s. I think it her husband, BCD, that created the drink but don’t hold me to that. 

We are on Maraviglia  next week

39 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I think it her husband, BCD, that created the drink but don’t hold me to that.

@Best cat Dad did indeed perfect the recipe and he is the one that "teaches" our MSC bartenders how to make them. However, we both drink them and are having our second round of the day right now.

Hi John!  I am so sorry for my extreme tardiness to this party.  I have plowed through page one.  Looking forward to reading through the rest of your trip report and reliving my week in YC on board Seascape vicariously through you.

And I also see that after yours I will have the trip report from @Best Cat Mom to catch up on.  Yay!

This will all be a welcome diversion from the approaching Hurricane Helene and my long 289 day wait until I embark a cruise ship again.  Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

• Like 1