What to do in Freeport--No Beach

Giantfan13

We will be cruising into Freeport in December. We have been here several times but usually, just stay in the port area. We do not do beaches (sorry) and we are wondering what to do there that does not include a beach day.

Cheers

Len

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/23/2024 at 12:52 AM, mskaufman said:

Garden of the Groves?

This is somewhere we may have an interest in next January.  How difficult is it to get to the gardens from the cruise port at Freeport?  I see it is further than Port Lucaya area, so would you know how much a taxi to the gardens would cost, or is there any other sort of transport available (e.g. buses).

9 hours ago, mskaufman said:

We took a tour that went there and some shopping.  Here are some photos.

IMG_7640.thumb.JPG.f6e7e2ef2f55eb482d381f9f769af76c.JPGIMG_7676.thumb.JPG.5efb02a5775f6fb5e944d6ae939c2f7e.JPG

Thanks a lot for the reply.  The garden does look very good.  Our ship offers a tour to there and Lucaya Marketplace, but we do not want to shop and only 4hrs 15mins total, so we are thinking they will not spend long at the gardens.  Is that like the trip you you did, and if so, did you feel there was long enough at the gardens?

18 minutes ago, mskaufman said:

I did feel that we had long enough at the Gardens. We did not shop but walked around and took pictures.  I think the shopping was around 45 minutes.  

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

21 hours ago, mskaufman said:

I did feel that we had long enough at the Gardens. We did not shop but walked around and took pictures.  I think the shopping was around 45 minutes.  

How long ago did you go to the gardens?  Were they in good shape?  I've read some recent reviews that say it's unkempt and not worth going to.  I love gardens, and hope to have some recent, credible info.  Thanks!