Splash for Your Bash - have you done it?

babalooo

Intrigued by those who have done Splash for Your Bash (not Splash of Romance). The website lists:

• Bottle of Moët & Chandon on embarkation day

• Bottomless brunch drink package

• Celebratory dinner party with curated beverages and desserts

• Surprise & delight moments throughout your voyage

•  

Which restaurant is this at or can you pick? What are the "surprise and delight moments"?

Was it worth buying? Details, please!

The information is a bit too vague for me personally to buy it but the listing is a bit different on the App and may help you decide.

The currated dinner on the app says it includes also includes treat yourself items from your choice of the Wake, Gunbae, Pink Agave or Razzle Dazzle. So if you were planning to get a Tomahawk or Seafood Tower from the Wake it makes it a better deal. 

The App also doesn't list anything about surprise and delight moments so this could be nothing or might be something like a private magic or musician performance or invitation. Just a guess

Screenshot_20240923_110847_Virgin Voyages.jpg

Screenshot_20240923_110835_Virgin Voyages.jpg

Edited by Cruise Craig
  • Like 1

Not done it, but don’t see the value unless you want some help organising a large group dinner and all cabins buy the package. 

In terms of value, Moet is $105 onboard, Tomahawk steak $75, drinks with dinner unknown cost but I’ll assume $50, brunch $50 ($25 each). So that’s just $280 in actual value onboard, plus you get some extra table decoration for dinner and similar (I saw another table at dinner with a sign and decorations about their celebration so I assume they had the package).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jon81uk said:

Not done it, but don’t see the value unless you want some help organising a large group dinner and all cabins buy the package. 

In terms of value, Moet is $105 onboard, Tomahawk steak $75, drinks with dinner unknown cost but I’ll assume $50, brunch $50 ($25 each). So that’s just $280 in actual value onboard, plus you get some extra table decoration for dinner and similar (I saw another table at dinner with a sign and decorations about their celebration so I assume they had the package).

Jon did exactly what I was going to do--add up the goodies.  It doesn't work for me.  My understanding is that there are a few special deserts available at dinner also, but I can't see that as a big deal.  

We've done dinners for 8 with no package, no problems.  There is a special VV line for those with larger groups to help you organizer dinners for the group.

• Like 1

Hubby called Sailor Services before our cruise for my 50th asking to have red roses in our cabin - they couldn't do that but they did sell him Splash for Your Bash!

We didn't get the Moet until the day after embarkation day - and actually brought it home. We had a lot of Sailor Loot ($950!) to use and didn't need the bottle of bubbly.

We had the bottomless brunch at The Wake on a sea day.

For the dinner I chose Extra Virgin - I don't like steak or seafood so it was the best choice for me! Not only did we get the upcharged porchetta and a special dessert, but we also had cocktails, wine & a bottle of bubbly - we only had one glass each from the bubbles and asked our server for glasses for the next table and gave the rest of the bottle to them.

A few days before you sail they email and ask which restaurants for the special meals and days/times.

Hubby really wanted to do something for my birthday - and we really enjoyed this package. It was only the 2 of us, and I had chosen & booked the trip for my birthday - so it was hubby's way of adding a special something.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, britincanada said:

we only had one glass each from the bubbles and asked our server for glasses for the next table and gave the rest of the bottle to them.

What a nice thing to do! 🥰

• Like 2

I brought this for all my upcoming cruises when it was $200.  I thought the seafood platter at the Wake was $75 or $99 up charge.  I may be wrong on the cost but between the bottle of champagne and seafood platter it was worth $200.  If not, I'll cancel it on my other cruises after using it on the first one.   

• Like 1

12 hours ago, crusinthrough said:

I brought this for all my upcoming cruises when it was $200.  I thought the seafood platter at the Wake was $75 or $99 up charge.  I may be wrong on the cost but between the bottle of champagne and seafood platter it was worth $200.  If not, I'll cancel it on my other cruises after using it on the first one.   

You are right that the Moet is $105 and the tomahawk steak is $75.  Bottomless brunch is $25 each.  Drinks at dinner--for us, $20 each or less would be typical. The steak is the only "upcharge" item that I see as worth it on VV, although in fairness I've only tried a few of them.  The days of the huge complimentary bar tabs seem to be over, so maybe if you drink a lot the numbers work out.  Special desert at dinner and a bit of decoration on the table--ok, but I have plenty of food on VV.  I can't make the numbers work based on our alcohol intake (or lack thereof).  Last I saw, the package cost was $250, and most of the supposed value was in alcohol.

I see it more of an experience thing, like the high tea at Sips.  I don't need the extra food, but sitting and being treated to that afternoon special is a nice thing.  

• Like 1

I thought this seafood tower from the Wake was $95. I’m not sure because it was comped during a sailing.  This plus the bottle of champagne  equals the $200 I paid.  Anything else included is a win.  

IMG_9629.jpeg

Edited by crusinthrough