OBC from credit card points?

39august

Are these now refundable or transferable if the cruise has to be cancelled? Seems several years ago points were not refundable for any reason. Is it still necessary to call the Cap. Club to notify that points have been used for OBC from the CC? Again, a year or so ago it was necessary to call after doing the OBC points on BOA VIsa card. 

9 hours ago, 39august said:

Are these now refundable or transferable if the cruise has to be cancelled? Seems several years ago points were not refundable for any reason. Is it still necessary to call the Cap. Club to notify that points have been used for OBC from the CC? Again, a year or so ago it was necessary to call after doing the OBC points on BOA VIsa card. 

I called recently and I believe that if you were to cancel, you might have a limited time to apply it elsewhere.  For that reason, I have not transferred my points year as my cruise is more than a year out.

I was pleasantly surprised that my OBC from BOA points showed on my reservation about 4 days after cashing them in, this was very recent.  When I cashed some in earlier this year to reduce the balance due I had to call.

During the shutdown I had 2 cruises cancelled and I was able to apply the points on a 3rd cruise. Keep all your paperwork until you complete the cruise so you have records in the event of cancellation..

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

This is exactly why I cancelled my X card. When covid hit, I had $800 worth of OBC on two of my 5 cancelled cruises. I was able to get 600 saved with several phone calls to BOA and X. Long story short was there is no record keeping on BOA's part and X part is all done by hand and no one seemed to have records. I finally found one CC rep that took it as a challenge and found 600 but was unable to follow the other 200 so I lost that. I had receipts for all transactions. So my advice is to save all receipts and documents for each cruise that you assign the OBC to. I decided it was not worth the many hours on the phone and numbers hours of frustration. BOA was not helpful and very rude throughout the several phone calls to them.  At least X tried to help several times and the one that finally helped was outstanding. We all know how bad the IT part of X is and I sometimes think it is intentional. They and RCL both have poor systems that are integrated. Every system stands alone. CC from Sales from Accounting, etc. It still continues. They improve the site and then lose all points or any history. You get my drift. Shame because we love cruising with them. The people save their buts each day on the phone and on the ships.