Need tech help

blade3

I'm a Diamond + older person who has never used any devices while cruising.

Now I have a Kindle Fire and would like to play Words with Friends while onboard

since I and my husband have free internet days. How do I go about signing up

for this once onboard. Thank you.

You and your husband each have two free days. You can use these free days one at a time for a total of four days (24 hour periods of Internet usage). Alternately you can purchase an internet package for the entire cruise and apply your four free days to the price. Note that you can only make this purchase on board, you cannot buy it in advance, and you will pay full price and not the discounted price you can get in advance. Still, with four free days it will work out cheaper to purchase on board. 

If you have never done this before the easiest way to activate one of your free days (or to buy the package for the week using your four-day discount) is to go to the Voom assistance desk on the ship and ask them for help. They will walk you through the process, very simple for you. 

If you want to do it on your own, or if anyone else here is reading along and wants to do it on their own, here's what you do:

Connect to the ship's wifi and it will take you to a page asking you to buy a plan. If you don't see this page then type in the website address "login.com".

You will enter your name and room number, and it will ask you to set up a username and password. The system will know that you have free internet available. Next it will ask you which plan you want to buy. You have the option of purchasing Internet service for the rest of the cruise, or for one 24-hour period. Choose the 24-hour period. You will see that you have a credit towards the purchase price. Continue with the purchase at $0 and then you can log in to the Internet using the username and password you created. If you purchased one 24-hour period, you can repeat the purchase anytime after the first 24 hours has expired and get a new 24 hours. If you are going to be in port during the day you might want to time your purchases so that you don't waste internet time when you are away from the ship. 

Having said all this, if you are at all unsure what to do just go to the Voom desk and ask for help!!

13 hours ago, SG65CB said:

Alternately you can purchase an internet package for the entire cruise and apply your four free days to the price.

Have you actually combined the four days (2 days each) for a discount on a Voom package?

I have used my 2 free days for a discount, but I don't recall anyone combining with other's free days for a discount on a Voom package.

5 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Have you actually combined the four days (2 days each) for a discount on a Voom package?

I have used my 2 free days for a discount, but I don't recall anyone combining with other's free days for a discount on a Voom package.

That's a good point, I might have misspoken and each person gets a two-day discount on their own package. That discount off of full price on board is probably similar to buying the discounted package pre-cruise without using the Diamond offer, or maybe it's an even a higher price. 

7 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I've heard of this but never done it as we usually buy one full voyage package and then just use our free days to connect a second device on sea days.

However, even if there's no official policy, in practice, all you'd need to do would be to use up all four free days between you (there's nothing to stop you sharing) and then buy a rest of voyage package, which again you could share and this would have the same effect.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FionaMG said:

I've heard of this but never done it as we usually buy one full voyage package and then just use our free days to connect a second device on sea days.

However, even if there's no official policy, in practice, all you'd need to do would be to use up all four free days between you (there's nothing to stop you sharing) and then buy a rest of voyage package, which again you could share and this would have the same effect.

You can apply your free days to the purchase of a package, but at onboard rates, so unless it's a short cruise, it may still more expensive than just buying pre-cruise.

Edited by smokeybandit