SAVING Pool Chairs...

christhree

OI...

*am, and there is a towel or flip flop on EVERY chair at ALL pools.....What the heck is up with THAT?

I have sat from 9am til 2pm and the towel and flip-flip on the chairs next to me have a better tan than I do, and need to be TURNED...

1-2pm these folks get outta bed and assume their chairs? I think NOT.

Capers specifically states no SAVING...ok, dip in the pool....go down the slide,,,,eat lunch...but not show for 3-5 hours? NOT !!!

Hate to be ugly, but next time I see that, these folks will be SOL...and looking in Carnival's lost N found....

READY for the next cruise !!!

Victory 5/2004

Celebration 7/89

Triumph 6/2001

Victory 5/2002

Triumph 5/2003

Celebration 2/2004'Noro'SURVIVOR

So how long can you be gone from your chair. Would going to lunch at the buffet be OK? What if some member of your family were there? I agree saving chairs for hours is wrong.

8/29/04 Carnival Pride

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;08;29;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

10/13/04 Celebrity Mercury

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;10;13;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Carnivale 1980

Nordic Prince 1993

Disney Wonder 1999

Celebrity Mercury 10/26/03

Carnival Pride 8/29/04

Celebrity Mercury 10/13/04

morriscats, I've seen a couple of different ideas on that. Some people think it would be okay to leave your chair to go to lunch, dip in the pool, get a drink or go to the restroom, as long as you are only gone for a reasonable amount of time. Reasonable being different in everyone's mind, but maybe 30 to 45 minutes in mine. icon_wink.gif

Others think you should completely vacate the chair in order to make it available to someone who will use it. In that instance, you may be looking for a chair again when you return, but not if family members watched it and knew you'd return in a short time.

bookworm2.gif

Navigator OTS 10/04

Legend 04/04

Grand Princess 09/03

Dawn Princess 01/03

Enchantment OTS 10/02

Destiny 01/02

Sensation 08/99

I'm personally OK with 30 minutes, but who's holding the timer?? I think Carnival could help matters by having little lockers by the pool as so many folks really don't want the chairs as much as they want a place to keep their stuff while they are hanging out, swimming, eating, participating in games, or whatever.

I've never had a chair problem, but that's because I go to the Topless area. There is always plenty of room up there. Now, all they need is a little adult fresh water pool up there, too icon_smile.gif

Hoping for Windjammer of the ABC Islands in'04

Carnival Destiny 10/04 (Southern Caribbean)

Carnival Victory 10/02 (Eastern Caribbean)

Celebrity Mercury 9/98 (Alaska)

Carnival Destiny 9/97 (Western Caribbean)

Hi--I have this idea that someone told me that Carnival had an "official" policy of "30 minutes". Unfortunately, I couldn't confirm that on the web page. But it seems a reasonable rule of thumb anyway.

Oh--and if someone else removes a towel, uses the chair, and leaves, and then you lie down, you might get blamed (I did!!!) That was one of the only 5 out of about 3000 people on the entire cruise I didn't like.

Todd

Todd's Hypothesis: 2995 out of every 3000 cruisers are great people. icon_smile.gif

Next Cruise:

Carnival Triumph, 10/30/04, Western Caribbean

Previous Cruise(s):

Carnival Triumph, 05/08/04, Eastern Caribbean

I agree with Pholter

I never had a problem with finding a chair..

either on the topless deck, or at the back of the ship. (which was my favorite place to be, anyway)

I also sat by the pool, although it was rather crowded, of course, and I don't necessarily LIKE that, for too long..

Sensation 5/15/2004

Days til Valor Vampires Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

valorvampires.gif

I simply move the stuff off the chair, and move the chair to a new location.

If and when they come back, they never know it's me. And if I notice them, I film them. It makes for interesting watching when I come home.

More times than not I do find an available chair. It's not as bad as everyone makes it.

The only time you really have a problem is if you are looking for a chair in row A, seat 1.

peter.gif

__ /7__/7__/7____

\:::::::::::::::::::/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Legend 5/13/05 NY to E. Caribbean

Miracle 7/10/04 NY to Bahamas and Port Canaveral

Disney Wonder 3/04/04

Pride 7/16/03 Bermuda

Legend 10/17/02 CTN

Disney Wonder 9/15/02

Destiny 4/29/01 Southern Caribbean

Victory 9/14/00 Canadian Maritimes

Triumph 9/99 Canadian Maritimes

Jubilee 4/98 Trans Pacific/Hawaii

Imagination 4/97 Western Caribbean

Imagination 4/96 Western Caribbean

Fascination 4/95 Southern Caribbean

Ecstasy 4/18/93 Eastern Caribbean

Fantasy 9/25/90 Bahamas

Jubilee 5/13/90 Mexican Riviera

NCL Seaward 1/15/89 Western Caribbean

Jubilee 4/24/88 Eastern Caribbean HONEYMOON

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by yst347:

Chris has a great idea for "good chair saving etiquette" on his web page. Have a look:

http://www.lifeiscruising.com/life_onboard_

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What a great idea, and they'd pack flat. I'm headed to Staples when they open to grab two of these.

If your travel companion(s) are there saving your chair, fine. If it's completely unattended, with nothing but a pair of flip-flops lounging on it, I turn them in to "lost and found" and relax. icon_wink.gif

Simply put: Saving of deck chairs is rude and inconsiderate. Period. There is no way you can spin something positive out of it. Unless you have someone willing to stay there to watch your chair for you, expect to lose it and whatever items are placed upon it. They're "first come, first serve", but that does not mean you can hold it the entire day and show at your leisure.

cubs_45.gifgreenlanthal.gifflash.gif

030203usf_prv.gif

05/24/03 Celebration -- Our first cruise!

12/07/03 Conquest

11/01/04 -- Fascination!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;11;1;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

• 2 weeks later...

Archived