If your travelling ompanion is a noshow can you upgrade to plus package as a solo traveller on day 1 onboard?

ddvgww

4 hours ago, Coral said:

I heard from someone from Princess the opposite. There is a reason they dropped the solo supplement on these sailings to fill cabins.

They were dropping ALL of the prices to fill ships post-pause. Your source may have had that perception, but with the volume that I see, as well as other travel advisors that I have networked with, no offense but solos did not single-handedly save the industries, cruise specific or travel. There was a bit of an uptick in solo travel, as @startedwithamouse said many for their reasons, but it didn't move the needle that dramatically. I'm not here to fight with you.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, jwattle said:

They were dropping ALL of the prices to fill ships post-pause. Your source may have had that perception, but with the volume that I see, as well as other travel advisors that I have networked with, no offense but solos did not single-handedly save the industries, cruise specific or travel. There was a bit of an uptick in solo travel, as @startedwithamouse said many for their reasons, but it didn't move the needle that dramatically. I'm not here to fight with you.

My source is pretty high with Princess but I did not say single-handedly.

Last September, we cruised to Iceland aboard the Island Princess from Southampton.

Apparently, the cruise wasn't selling well because they dropped the single supplement price to 106% and offered $600 per cabin in OBC. We did the math, and consequently booked 4 balcony cabins for the 4 of us, and each received the $600 in OBC plus $250 for shareholder credit.

It was the only time I've ever left any non-refundable OBC unspent.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Coral said:

My source is pretty high with Princess but I did not say single-handedly.

No, what you said was "Solos kept the ships sailing during the pandemic. The ship's would have sailed pretty empty with out them." That seemed excessive to me because it implied maintaining the line's viability. If that's what your high-up-at-Princess source says, then who am I to argue? I just know the things that myself and other travel advisors witnessed firsthand with our sales.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Teechur said:

Last September, we cruised to Iceland aboard the Island Princess from Southampton.

Apparently, the cruise wasn't selling well because they dropped the single supplement price to 106% and offered $600 per cabin in OBC. We did the math, and consequently booked 4 balcony cabins for the 4 of us, and each received the $600 in OBC plus $250 for shareholder credit.

It was the only time I've ever left any non-refundable OBC unspent.

This is how we spent 2021 Q4 and 2022. 

• Like 1