Alaska Inside Passage Excursions

flare3192

Hello! We are on the June 6 cruise from Vancouver to Seward. When you look online there are a lot of possible excursions but I was hoping someone had the detail from this year's excursions so that I could look at what they are and what they cost. I know it won't be the same and prices increase from year to year but any information I can get for the excursions and costs -- and if there were some you recommend would be really helpful. Thank you

Thank you but the chat function is not working and when I called all they would give me was what I could see on the web site which does not give much -- I really need to budget and this does not give me anything. I was hoping someone had access from this year and could share

HUCB. Hang up and call back. The chat function only works during business hours. If a rep on the phone doesn’t know how to do it HUCB til you get one who does. It can be done. I do it all the time. Hang in there.

Edited by LindaS272

3 hours ago, flare3192 said:

Hello! We are on the June 6 cruise from Vancouver to Seward. When you look online there are a lot of possible excursions but I was hoping someone had the detail from this year's excursions so that I could look at what they are and what they cost. I know it won't be the same and prices increase from year to year but any information I can get for the excursions and costs -- and if there were some you recommend would be really helpful. Thank you

Wow---I actually found someone who is on the same cruise as us!   Need to lock down our airfare soon.  Are you doing an extension?  We're doing the 6-night one that ends in Fairbanks.  We figure that we aren't going to go all the way to Alaska from the east coast just to turn around and come home after the cruise--kinda like bundling two vacations sequentially.

Sharkster77 no we are not doing an extension. We looked at them and at doing it on our own and we did not feel like there was a lot more that we would gain for the cost. We could spend more on the excursions. We debated Denali but all you can do there is ride a bus for 5-6 hours and that did not appeal to us. I just reached that decision today. And it is unusual for me not to take more time. We are also on the east coast. 

I did talk to someone who said she sent me this year's excursions but I did not get it. Today I talked to someone who helped me with approximate costs of excursions -- this cruise is one where I expect excursions may run $5,000 or more so wanted to have some idea. 

Thank you for the suggestions and help

3 paid excursions we took on our July 2024 Alaska cruise I would highly recommend were:

1: Zip line in Ketchikan

2:  Hubbard Glacier cruise

3: Seward Iditarod dog sled ride (our favorite)

There are several whale watching excursions available - I'm sure most of them are good.

Most of the included excursions were lame in my opinion.

1 hour ago, beanpittsburgh said:

3 paid excursions we took on our July 2024 Alaska cruise I would highly recommend were:

1: Zip line in Ketchikan

2:  Hubbard Glacier cruise

3: Seward Iditarod dog sled ride (our favorite)

There are several whale watching excursions available - I'm sure most of them are good.

Most of the included excursions were lame in my opinion.

Thanks, we're on the 6 June 25 cruise.

Your take on the included excursions match my expectations.  We've had a daughter up in Fairbanks for 5 years, and so have visited yearly.  Think old west town, lined with shops selling stuff.  Is that at all accurate.

The glacier cruise we did in Valdez was beautiful.  That's pretty much why we signed up, the scenic sailing.

As far as optional tours, especially if you look at independent vendors, there are tons of options:

Fly over glacier.

Fly over and land on glacier

Fly over, land, and have lunch.

or dog sled ride mid way with the helicopter picking you up later.

Your wallet is the only limit, that stuff gets pricey.

Thanks again.

Is your cruise going to Juneau?   We are booked, once again for the fourth time, on the Taku Glacier flight, doing float plane fly over of 5 glaciers, landing at Taku Glacier for salmon bake.  Always a favorite.  

Not available through ship, but through excursion company in Juneau harbor.  

3 hours ago, flare3192 said:

Island lady are you booking these excursions through Viking or using a local company. If a local company which one do you like

This company used to be cruise line excursion only...but they have changed.  They only book online direct now, which I prefer anyway.  They are right there at the port, float planes come in low and dock just to the forward of where the cruise ships are.  I think they have a fleet of 5 of them now.  

Company is Wings Airways.