Look like specialty restaurants will be changed to cover charge next year

dhanakorn

3 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

My PCC said there would be no cancelling of Free at Sea, it just wont be available for purchase from tomorrow, those who have it keep it unless doing something like an upgrade when you are compelled to take the latest offer which is More at Sea.

Yeah, but this discussion is about free at sea plus (hence the talk of refunds).

The document shared earlier states that those with existing bookings can keep free at sea or pay the difference for more at sea, so that bit looks fairly clear. However as a user of free at sea plus there is a potential of us losing the ability to upgrade.

Our booked cruises are all over a year out, so there is plenty of time for things to change before we sail, so this will be a case of wait and see for us, even after they announce tomorrow.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Do you mean you've already fully paid for the 5 cruises, or just the deposits?

I have paid deposits on the five, but have paid the FAS+ at the time of booking. Reread the T&C and can’t find anything that NCL reserves the right to take away something <I’ve already paid for, but I might be wrong.

1 minute ago, KeithJenner said:

Yeah, but this discussion is about free at sea plus (hence the talk of refunds).

The document shared earlier states that those with existing bookings can keep free at sea or pay the difference for more at sea, so that bit looks fairly clear. However as a user of free at sea plus there is a potential of us losing the ability to upgrade.

Our booked cruises are all over a year out, so there is plenty of time for things to change before we sail, so this will be a case of wait and see for us, even after they announce tomorrow.

Sorry my misunderstanding, we did not talk about the Plus, but I know they will be cancelling and refunding additional speciality meals purchased so you never know.

16 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

He also told me that and extra speciality meals bought in advance would be refunded and no package of speciality meals will be available either before the cruise or onboard and that the only option would be to pay full price on the door (I suspect increased prices too).
I'm not talking about ones included in the current Ffree at Sea, I'm talking about additional meals purchased at a reduced price.

Interesting.   My PCC said the two additional dining credits I purchased today for my son and his girlfriend would be kept.   I purposely purchased them today for June 2025 to lock in the current rate of $82.80 for two credits ($165.60 in total for both of them).   I guess we will see what happens.

He also said the cover charge price will be $60.   

2 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

image.png.fa51ddb83043ef1d500b910f14a4bfe6.png

Well, that looks like a free upgrade for those that already booked under FAS. So I've got that going for me. Wonder what people who already bought FAS+ will get. A refund, I would hope.

So, they're killing FAS and replacing it with something more expensive that has a better drinks package (but not as good as the upgraded premium packages curently sold since at a minimum it doesn't include specialty coffee). This sounds bad. I guess I'd need to see the actual price per day for Americans (maybe it is in fact super cheap), but this doesn't sound good. 

FAS was bringing something to the table for NCL that the other lines lacked. Everybody has an all-inclusive package. NCL was the only of the big three that gave it away (for gratuities only, but that's still pretty cheap). One less thing they have going for them. 

But congrats to Haven people, I guess. This is all good news for them. 

3 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

Interesting.   My PCC said the two additional dining credits I purchased today for my son and his girlfriend would be kept.   I purposely purchased them today for June 2025 to lock in the current rate of $82.80 for two credits ($165.60 in total for both of them).   I guess we will see what happens.

He also said the cover charge price will be $60.   

Yes, I was also told the cover charge will be $60 from tomorrow.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fredrik said:

I have paid deposits on the five, but have paid the FAS+ at the time of booking. Reread the T&C and can’t find anything that NCL reserves the right to take away something <I’ve already paid for, but I might be wrong.

Thanks for your response. I would say your chances are good of getting a refund, then.

22 minutes ago, Menocchio said:

FAS was bringing something to the table for NCL that the other lines lacked. Everybody has an all-inclusive package. NCL was the only of the big three that gave it away (for gratuities only, but that's still pretty cheap). One less thing they have going for them. 

NCL was never giving anything away for Free.  It was always built into the rate.  It just looked like it was free. It looks like NCL is going to mimic Princess booking process.  They advertise base rates and then you select if you want the Princess Plus.   If NCL is going to follow that lead, I think it is smart for them.  Reel people in with an attractive base offering then allow the buyer to say they want more, I.e., MAS.  

I don’t think the new MAS package is going to feel much different than the current FAS.  The marketing blurb about premium drinks as part of the MAS is likely nothing much..in other words, don’t expect a big difference from what is offered today.  Longer cruises do get more specialty dining…but the cost to upgrade also increases.

FAS+ cruisers are the losers with MAS.  It will be interesting to see what higher end alcohol is actually stocked onboard beginning in 2025.

• Like 1

So I have a 7 day cruise booked for Jan 15th 2025. I booked with 1 FAS meal and will get 2 Latitude member (Sapphire) meals.

I was debating about adding the "additional" specialty dining for 2 additional meals at $82.80 per person ($165.60 total).

I read that they might be going to door cover charge of $60 per meal at all restaurants? If that's true, should I book the additional 2 meals today to save $$ before the October 1 announcement?

6 minutes ago, Warm-Water Diver said:

So I have a 7 day cruise booked for Jan 15th 2025. I booked with 1 FAS meal and will get 2 Latitude member (Sapphire) meals.

I was debating about adding the "additional" specialty dining for 2 additional meals at $82.80 per person ($165.60 total).

I read that they might be going to door cover charge of $60 per meal at all restaurants? If that's true, should I book the additional 2 meals today to save $$ before the October 1 announcement?

If you know you want them, by all means book now.  

Actually, after giving you this advice I just bought the 2 extra SD meals for our November ‘25 cruise.

Edited by laudergayle
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Warm-Water Diver said:

I did this morning.   I was also told that even though I locked in the cheaper price, when used, the new offerings would be included such as three apps and two desserts.   

• Like 2

I’m not sure if NCLH want to align NCLs FAS to More at Sea to go with sister brand Oceania ”Simply more”, but I really liked the FAS…. Not because it was free, it never is, but because it played on Freestyle cruising and Free at Sea is simply more appropriate for NCL.