Norwegian Spirit: BF Balcony at front of Deck 9 (9002/9006). Any concerns?

dlca1

Hi CruiseCritic Community

We are interested in an Asia cruise on the Norwegian Spirit.  This would be our first time sailing Norwegian. We are looking for connecting rooms, which requires us to book balcony rooms on this ship.

The BF Balcony rooms at the very front of Deck 9 are ~$390/person cheaper than the next cheapest category (BC). I've tried to search room reports on cruisecritic as well as google and not finding much information. Besides being slightly further away from the common areas, are there any known issues/gotchas with these rooms? In case the exact room matters, I'm looking at 9002 and 9006.

Thanks in advance,

Edited by dlca1
typo

No issues that I can think of, besides the usual potential of enhanced motion with it being so close to the front of the ship. I was right above those cabins on deck 10, for an 18 day trans-Pacific, and had no complaints or problems with the location. It's an amazing ship and I hope you enjoy your sailing!

• Thanks 1

@smallestdog Thanks for digging up that photo. I didn't even think of that. That is useful to be aware of so we aren't surprised. Luckily for us, we are mainly just looking for quiet connecting rooms. 

@proton-excitement Thank you for sharing your directly relevant experiences in that area of the ship. It is reassuring to hear your feedback. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. We are looking forward to our trip.

I naively/incorrectly assumed the cabins on Deck9 are above the cabins on deck8. With this integrated map, I see there is a blank space on the map between the cabins at front of Deck 9.

Would anybody know what is in the empty space at the front of Deck8? 

Screenshot 2024-09-26 at 11.44.08 AM.png

On 9/25/2024 at 3:56 PM, dlca1 said:

Hi CruiseCritic Community

We are interested in an Asia cruise on the Norwegian Spirit.  This would be our first time sailing Norwegian. We are looking for connecting rooms, which requires us to book balcony rooms on this ship.

The BF Balcony rooms at the very front of Deck 9 are ~$390/person cheaper than the next cheapest category (BC). I've tried to search room reports on cruisecritic as well as google and not finding much information. Besides being slightly further away from the common areas, are there any known issues/gotchas with these rooms? In case the exact room matters, I'm looking at 9002 and 9006.

Thanks in advance,

The rooms and balconies are fine. I would have no hesitation on booking them. In heavy seas, you may hear the waves pounding against the bow. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dlca1 said:

I naively/incorrectly assumed the cabins on Deck9 are above the cabins on deck8. With this integrated map, I see there is a blank space on the map between the cabins at front of Deck 9.

Would anybody know what is in the empty space at the front of Deck8? 

You were not incorrect. That deck plan isn't aligned by level, and deck 8 is the first level where the open area of the bow exists. So realistically 9 should be offset quite a bit down on that plan, and the cabins of levels 8 and 9 are mostly aligned. There's a nifty cabin check tool on cruisedeckplans that confirms this.

image.png.0bf09ec2eccb42344672e8520435246d.png

• Thanks 1

@ggTexasGal - Love the photo of the ship! 

@dexddd  Thanks. Found the older youtube video.

@BirdTravels -- Thanks for confirming. It is reassuring to hear feedback from cruisers with experience on the ship. 

@proton-excitement -- Thanks for sharing that amazing tool. I've been on the site many times, but never knew this existed.  I've been playing with it and will be using it from now on.   

FYI-- Reiterating @proton-excitement's tip for other newbies who might be learning about this tool via this thread. Do not assume the multi-deck ship layouts are pre-aligned.  You want to use the DECK-DRAG feature and align the elevators first. 

Edited by dlca1