Seashore (NOT Yacht Club): 9/29 - 10/6 Pre and Post Cruise Review

dream2cruise

45 minutes ago, Anita Latte said:

The thing that I am most curious about is the spa area. It sounds fabulous with the snow room and salt room, etc. Love a good thermal spa...I'm wondering about the pricing especially and how access to that area of the spa works.

If you are Gold with MSC Voyagers Club, you will get a one-hour pass for the thermal spa.  This is what we did as we got a status match from Diamond with Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor to Gold with MSC Voyagers Club.  Otherwise, check for "THERMAL AREA SINGLE CRUISE PASS" under the Spa & Beauty offerings for your sailing.  Also, it may be perk depending on what type of cabin and experience you have purchased.

On 9/26/2024 at 8:12 AM, dream2cruise said:

For this trip, we did not purchase Wi-Fi as it was not available as an "included" package option.  However, we did get the Easy Plus beverage package.

I'm sure people as seeing this difference of not including Wi-Fi in the package as before. Another example of Cruise Lines cutting back on perks and charging more. This is the beginning and it will not get cheaper. 

1 hour ago, MonsterJoe said:

I read last night that this week's cruise was delayed back to port because of the hurricane and the itinerary before yours is going to be reduced to a 2 day!  Hope everything goes smoothly for yours!

I truly feel bad for the people who got the short cruise reduced by an extra day. Mother Nature happens but it still stinks. 

Edited by CruisnDeb

12 minutes ago, CruisnDeb said:

I truly feel bad for the people who got the short cruise reduced by an extra day. Mother Nature happens but it still stinks. 

💯!  I hope that as many of those people as possible have the means to make other accommodations...or have travel insurance!

I know I would be super bummed to get my vacation shorted like that ..but we also always get travel insurance and have the means to make sudden moves. I would guess a lot of people don't, so I feel like a lot of people are going to be hit hard with the change.

Also...I have family in Tampa...and lets just say that Port Canaveral pulled the long stick in this scenario....it is a mess on the west coast of FL

We are on our way from North Carolina to Jacksonville, Florida.  The road has been kind to us so far with only a minor hiccup of closed restrooms at one rest area.  Considering the wrath of Helene across the Southeastern United States, the drive is great along I-77 and I-26.  I have a friend that could not get to her mountain home last night as the road washed away.

2 hours ago, MonsterJoe said:

Also...I have family in Tampa...and lets just say that Port Canaveral pulled the long stick in this scenario....it is a mess on the west coast of FL

I hope your family is ok.  We have family about an hour north of Tampa.  Some never lost power and none have damage.

As to the port of Tampa, I wonder if it has opened back up yet.  

Edited by dream2cruise
Typo

1 hour ago, dream2cruise said:

We are on our way from North Carolina to Jacksonville, Florida.  The road has been kind to us so far with only a minor hiccup of closed restrooms at one rest area.  Considering the wrath of Helene across the Southeastern United States, the drive is great along I-77 and I-26.  I have a friend that could not get to her mountain home last night as the road washed away.

Please be safe on your drive and thanks for keeping us informed on your route and progress!

Cheers

• Thanks 1

I hope your family is ok.  We have family about an hour north of Tampa.  Some never lost power and none have damage.

As to the port of Tampa, I wonder if it has opened back up yet.  

They are ok, thank you - don't want to be a downer in your thread, so carry on! I'm a genuinely hoping for a smooth turnover for you!

We had a Seashore non-YC booked for April, that we just switched to Meraviglia on the same date - but I am looking forward to your review as Seashore is the last of the Sea- ships that we haven't cruised on - and as people have said, there is are serious opportunity for non-YC reviews here.

Bon Voyage!

It is boarding day!!  We made it to our hotel in Jacksonville yesterday afternoon with only minor delays looking for open gas stations along I-95.  We enjoyed dinner and two flights of beer at Bottlenose Brewing in Jacksonville.  My husband and I split the smash burger and the grown-up grilled cheese.

IMG_8236.thumb.jpeg.719f2a9487e367b3e3a7c066f3a57f6d.jpegIMG_8237.thumb.jpeg.129893435a06ab5c37ae8b3a93b497c6.jpegIMG_8238.thumb.jpeg.868f649769c220996fb5a5a519cab911.jpegIMG_8239.thumb.jpeg.41753952d3f61cd5e3bbb7bf2e26ad19.jpegIMG_8240.thumb.jpeg.19b9e0751364d3533ce94c87c33c1430.jpeg

It is boarding day!!  We made it to our hotel in Jacksonville yesterday afternoon with only minor delays looking for open gas stations along I-95.  We enjoyed dinner and two flights of beer at Bottlenose Brewing in Jacksonville.  My husband and I split the smash burger and the grown-up grilled cheese.

I wish this place was near Port Canaveral. Looks like you had a nice meal there. 

• Like 1