Medallion Meltdown

Botany Sun Downers

Before we sail, We reserved a week of dinner times via the Princess Medallion app some weeks ago, some with the assistance of the Customer Services.

this week we had an odd email advising the order for medallion had been cancelled.

we reviewed our app to find most of our details had been wiped along with all of our dining reservations!

we are having long discussions 1-2hrs with CS trying to reinstate, but without success. They do not appear to have had any back to their files. Had anyone else had like issues?

• Haha 1

The issue is with the app and not your medallions as they don't work till you are on board.

There are literally dozens of threads about app issues.  Problems are common.

Not sure why the long discussions. If Princess is having it's normal technical issues history has shown best to wait a few days then delete the app and your details, clear your cookies, possibly a different browser and/or device and simply start over.

On one cruise the Princess rep entered the data for me.  On another simply arrived at the pier and did everything there.  On upcoming cruise in 7 days things went perfectly in one try.

Just remember if the data is deleted somehow from the app. . . it is gone.  And #2 . . that the app is awful.

Good luck.

• Like 2

Dealing with the medallion system can be utter torture.  Sometimes it works, often it doesn't.  Dinner reservations seem to be the worst.  It's the price you pay for sailing Princess.  I agree that all you can do is delete everything and 'start over'.  On embarkation day, try to confirm dining in person with crew members stationed around the ship,  You can confirm a reservation six times, show up for dinner and be told to go to a different restaurant a long walk away an hour later.  Crew are very used to this and go out of their way to be helpful.  

The "new" dining system has been in effect only for a couple weeks.  Things will sort out.  I completely agree with sorting it out on board.  The crew will do all they can to dort it out.

Spending hours on the phone prior to a cruise trying to sort when to.eat is not worth the stress and frustration. 

Just my thoughts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, netorders said:

Yes we received our medallions this week, and on the app it showed incomplete order.

Hopefully, just a glitch.

Same as ours…we set sail in 13 days. We got ours last week, app showed in progress but started showing same status as yours starting about 12 hours ago. 

The Medallion and Princess app function differently.  

The Medallion (coin) opens your door, identifies you, allows you to charge items, gets you on/off the ship, etc.

The Princess app gets you prepared for the cruise and will work better once on the ship.  In the meantime, many of these functions can be done with the web version.

Princess Corporation needs a better marketing team.  They have so many misnamed double duty names.

Don’t get me started on the ship’s INTRAnet verses the Starlink INTERnet.  Reserve Class Dining Room and Main Dining Rooms.  FCD/FCC.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. Hope you find success in making dinner reservations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Before you go and *delete everything* and "start over"...first check your booking by logging into the Princess website and see what shows up there. If you see your booking and reservations (do this via the "web version" of the app in cruise personalizer) then you are still good to go. It's just the glitchy app. The app is simply a "mirrored" view of what is shown in the main Princess database, which is what you're looking at on the website. Don't panic about the app...it will likely sort itself out after a couple of days. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

The Medallion and Princess app function differently.  

When they function.  The app has been around now for three or four years and still glitches like mad.  I truly with all the heat of a thousand suns hate that app.  The Medallion is a tool used to do stuff once you are on board.  It will sometimes work well, but I had one cruise where it never recognized me to open the cabin door.  They gave me an old school key card to use for that.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/29/2024 at 5:52 PM, jsn55 said:

It's the price you pay for sailing Princess. 

We are still waiting for a refund back to our Credit Card, for a cancelled excursion.

I says 2 weeks, but we disembarked on 15/09/24.