Is Celebrity in danger of turning into another party ship cruise company?

SDWCruise

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I just returned from the Celebrity Reflection. I was in Aqua Class midship deck 11.  They had a late night sparkle party. I did not hear any noise or music inside my room. However when I went out on the balcony I could hear music  playing. It would only have been disruptive if I decided I wanted to sleep on my balcony. Since the chairs were zip tied so that they couldn't recline that wasn't going to happen. This was a 4 day cruise in the Caribbean which tends to be more festive it was nothing out of the ordinary. We weren't disturbed and I wouldn't describe this sailing as a party or booze cruise. 

That's not possible! Everyone on this board (who haven't taken a short cruise) KNOWS that these short cruises are simply booze cruises for the younger, disruptive, and noisy demographic Celebrity is pursuing. A report from someone who actually went on one is pure hearsay! 😁

(Glad you had a good time. If we lived close enough, we'd probably do a short cruise just for a quick getaway ourselves.)

6 minutes ago, markeb said:

That's not possible! Everyone on this board (who haven't taken a short cruise) KNOWS that these short cruises are simply booze cruises for the younger, disruptive, and noisy demographic Celebrity is pursuing. A report from someone who actually went on one is pure hearsay! 😁

(Glad you had a good time. If we lived close enough, we'd probably do a short cruise just for a quick getaway ourselves.)

Toga!  Toga!

14 minutes ago, markeb said:

We live in driving distance to port so it was easy for us and we plan on doing more 4 nights in the future. I can't believe how many I met from Canada and others from the northeast who flew in. I would have never done that when I lived in NY. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/30/2024 at 1:38 AM, nednrom said:

I am not sure that a party on deck 14 can reverberate down to deck 9 and more people not complain. I hope that it was a one time thing.  I, however, enjoy the pool party that's held once during a cruise.  I may be 60 but not dead and would like to have some fun after dinner.  this reminded me of us being shushed in thehot tub solarium because it seems our group of 4 were talking loud and others in the solarium couldn't relax and nap.

it was one night and ended at midnight, please be a little more tolerant.  celebrity has had the pool party for at least 8 years that I know of.

Yes I agree. I was on Reflection deck 11 midship, two decks below the Sparkle party they had on our sailing. No vibration but like any other music during the day you could hear it when you sat on the balcony and even that wasn't unbearable.  This was the first time on Celebrity that I actually enjoyed the entertainment. It's finally not my parents cruise line. I'm 64.

Edited by Iamcruzin

51 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Yes I agree. I was on Reflection deck 11 midship, two decks below the Sparkle party they had on our sailing. No vibration but like any other music during the day you could hear it when you sat on the balcony and even that wasn't unbearable.  This was the first time on Celebrity that I actually enjoyed the entertainment. It's finally not my parents cruise line. I'm 64.

So you’re saying I can FINALLY listen to Taylor on my balcony without a Bluetooth speaker?  No more crappy jazz music?

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

So you’re saying I can FINALLY listen to Taylor on my balcony without a Bluetooth speaker?  No more crappy jazz music?

Boomer music. Rebel was a 3 man vocal rock group sang songs from the 70's to present day. This was my first time on a cruise that I didn't hear A Train or String of Pearls.  My only complaint is I'm done with Feeling Hot Hot Hot on Caribbean itineraries.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 1