Jaimie’s New Place

c-leg5

Any updates or reviews for Jaimie’s new location? 

Does he have a website yet, or pricing? I haven’t seen any progress reports since initial announcement.

trying to find somewhere quieter for PAYG drinks and lounger other than Krazy Lobster. It’s been a couple of years since we visited, anything worthwhile new in town?!? Is Mahahual managing to recover and redevelop yet? 

We're like you, haven't been in a while. I thought though Jamie's new place was more overflow from Blue Reef and was AI, vs PAYGO.  Our next visit is to Maya Chan.  But if I were doing a PAYGO not Krazy Lobster, I'd head to Sulmar.

15 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

We're like you, haven't been in a while. I thought though Jamie's new place was more overflow from Blue Reef and was AI, vs PAYGO.  Our next visit is to Maya Chan.  But if I were doing a PAYGO not Krazy Lobster, I'd head to Sulmar.

Thanks, yes considered Sulumar although I got caught out there once paying more for a bucket of beers than individually! Maybe time for another chance or may just stay at the port.

It seemed like Jaimie’s place would have been a location we would have preferred but strange there hasn’t been much feedback since initial announcement. Also considered Chunky Monkey but that gets mixed reviews on pricing strategies.

We have enjoyed Maya Chan but find it awkward with our recent afternoon port hours. We were very close to missing the ship last time we went because their taxi back was very late so will only do it now if we have a full port day.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2024 at 9:24 AM, crewsweeper said:

@c-leg5,  have you looked at La Chilangaoesne around Matillo and Port of Mahahual?

Seems to get decent TA reviews.

Yes I asked about them when they first opened but I haven’t been because I learnt they do a lot of ship and independent group tours for food, tequila and salsa tours. I think they are affiliated with the new hotel and restaurant by the port which may be owned by Catrina, who I think you know? Did she used to own the coffee shop? 

I may do the cooking class there for a change from the beach and hassle of the overpriced taxis! 

• Like 1