FLL Hotel Prices Jan 2007!!!???

lcds1

What's going on with the prices for hotels??? I have been looking

for Jan 19-20 for Pre-Cruise---and prices seem to be 150 or more per night.

I have gotten Sheraton Airport for 49 in years past on Priceline....

Too early to book yet?-(to get deals?).

Thanks!

2007 Super Bowl is not until Feb., the 4th, I think. We recently stayed in FLL pre-cruise and I couldn't get a 3 or 4 star on Priceline for up to $115. We stayed in Extended Stay for $99. I asked them about prices and they advised since Hurricane Ivan 2005, that all FLL hotel prices had shot up. They really are outrageous!

I had the same problem for January 2 - I was thinking well New Year's is over shouldn't everyone be going home? Turns out the Orange Bowl is being played on the 2nd. We finally got the Hampton Inn Airport North but for $189 per night. I quess we are going to keep that one.

I have been looking at one since Feb. look at Comfort Inn on sterling but been told to stay away from them for many reasons so I booked LaQuinta near the Comfort Inn for 171.00 (ouch) it is a cruise port and they do have free pick up and they do have a free suttle to the cruise port and there is a lot of places to eat around the L Q O they do have a free breafest ron

Have you tried any of the "non-chain" smaller family run "motels"? Check out sunny.org and look @ the "superior small lodgings" there are many that snow birds spend the whole winter in and if available the rates are usually reasonable. Not alot of amenities sometimes but a clean place to stay.

We stayed in Fort Lauderdale this January (2006) and found the rates to be high. I was told it might be due to the King Tut exhibit. There are more cruise ships sailing out of FLL now and I think the hotel industry knows they can charge more. We did stay at the Hilton Garden Inn and got a government rate since my husband is a federal employee - I think it was $123 a night for a junior suite. Fairly nice accomodations - nothing exceptional but was the best price we could find.

Archived