Miami airport to Hotel and hotel to Port, simple transportation advice.

Jgarriso

Arriving late into Miami and have to get a ride from Airport to Hotel (near Airport) and then the next morning get a ride from the hotel to the cruise port.  4 adults plus luggage.    I actually don't fly much,  usually drive.

Question,  what is easier and cheaper,   taxi,  uber, lyft.  what would be the simplest/cost effective, reliable way to handle it in your opinion.

Maybe there isn't much difference but wanted to ask and see.  don't know till you ask.

THanks.

Posted (edited)

Just how late and what Miami hotel are you using? Some have comp. shuttles from MIA to their hotel and from hotel to POM for a pp fee.

FYI...there is a $10.00pp shuttle from POM to MIA after your cruise. We use this often. No pre-booking.

Edited by Ashland

The hotel shuttle,  Wingate by Wyndham,  only runs till 8pm,  but the hotel is cheap enough to cover the cost of the taxi,  and then quite a bit more.  I have checked all the hotels and only a few have late shuttle and they are quite a bit more $$.

Might look at the shuttle for post cruise.

Sounds like you've gotten a great deal and will assume you also checked Hampton Inn & Suites Blue Lagoon. Their shuttle runs until 11:00pm.

The POM shuttle I mentioned to MIA works great. As you exit the terminal gates you will easily spot this company holding large signs offering their transportation. $10.00 pp cash.

These fill up quickly and are on their way. As I said we have used them a few times this year....as have many others on this board.

Best of luck to you and enjoy your travels.

14 hours ago, Ashland said:

Sounds like you've gotten a great deal and will assume you also checked Hampton Inn & Suites Blue Lagoon. Their shuttle runs until 11:00pm.

The POM shuttle I mentioned to MIA works great. As you exit the terminal gates you will easily spot this company holding large signs offering their transportation. $10.00 pp cash.

These fill up quickly and are on their way. As I said we have used them a few times this year....as have many others on this board.

Best of luck to you and enjoy your travels.

Thanks Ashland,   as usual i never include enough details to make my question clear. lol  

Unfortunatley our flight arrives around 12:39am into miami so around 1am before we are ready to depart.    Luckily we can sleep in a little before heading to the cruise port.

I just wasn't familiar with Lyft or Uber enough to know if there was enough price saving to use those for the airport to Hotel and again from the hotel to cruise port to make it worth our while.  It seemed like the taxi fair that i looked up was around 40$ just around the block to the hotel.  so thought i'd ask.  

Thanks again.

3 hours ago, Jgarriso said:

Thanks Ashland,   as usual i never include enough details to make my question clear. lol  

Unfortunatley our flight arrives around 12:39am into miami so around 1am before we are ready to depart.    Luckily we can sleep in a little before heading to the cruise port.

I just wasn't familiar with Lyft or Uber enough to know if there was enough price saving to use those for the airport to Hotel and again from the hotel to cruise port to make it worth our while.  It seemed like the taxi fair that i looked up was around 40$ just around the block to the hotel.  so thought i'd ask.  

Thanks again.

You're very welcome....and yes you do have an "early" arrival time.

Posted (edited)

Downtown traffic in Miami is currently horrific, probly moreso at rush hour.  There is major hiway construction going on and will not finish for a couple of years.  Be prepared for a slow ride.

Edited by thinfool
  • Like 1