Waitlist for excursions

gailellen12

Good afternoon. If you are waitlisted for an excursion and space becomes available before boarding does Oceania automatically book you for it or do you need to determine the space is now available and book it by yourself?  Thanks 

24 minutes ago, gailellen12 said:

Good afternoon. If you are waitlisted for an excursion and space becomes available before boarding does Oceania automatically book you for it or do you need to determine the space is now available and book it by yourself?  Thanks 

Rule of Thumb:

Any waitlist on Oceania, including cabin, excursions, etc, it is best to be diligent and check the status regularly and act accordingly. Do not depend upon Oceania to do anything automatically.

I agree with above, although "O" should let you know--never depend on them always check as often as you can.  You'll be surprise how often you'll find what you want open.  It's not just "O" it's airlines, hotels and so many more companies.

There is one excursion on my next cruise that I really wanted to go on. It came back as waitlisted. I started trying to sign up for the excursion months ago. So I asked my TA to check with O to see where on the list I was. O told her that they didn't have enough people signed up for it yet but they felt that the excursion would take place. I may not find out until I'm on  the cruise if it will happen. 

When I've been waitlisted for an excursion prior to sailing, when there was an eventual opening, O automatically booked me on the excursion.  Further, they have on occasion, added additional instances of the excursion (more buses, if you will) based upon demand.  

We were waitlisted on several excursions for our B2B cruises in JuneJuly of this year, despite trying to book at least 6 months out.  But all were cleared at least a month before boarding.  In each case, O sent our TA a pdf notification of the clearance with the verbiage that our credit card on file would be “automatically” debited for the now cleared Shorex.

When our TA forwarded us the email, he also advised us to call Oceania to make sure the payment was taken care of.  The first time, we watched our CC online to see if it was debited or not.  After a couple of days waiting (no activity), we called O and asked them to please take the payment for the Shorex.  After that, we immediately called O whenever our TA forwarded another “cleared waitlisted” Shorex email from O.

• Thanks 1