Afternoon Tea

GloriaF

I am feeling totally discombobulated!  I've searched princess.com and cannot find any info on Afternoon Tea.  Is it offered daily or just on sea days?  Cost?Can I reserve ahead of time?   In days past there was no charge and it was held in one of the dining rooms, but feel sure it's changed.

Any info appreciated

Edited by GloriaF

Thank you, latebloomer56!

I keep going to my booking and looking, thinking I must be missing something.

I can't find wifi cost either.  Looks like it's only available with one of the packages.  It used to be free for elite, then a reduced charge, now nothing it looks like.  We don't need a package, we don't drink alcohol and we usually have enough OBC to cover gratuities.   

People on the Sun Princess have reported no Afternoon Tea in the dining room. There are complimentary scones with cream and jam at the coffee shop but I’m not certain if it’s every day or just sea days. There is also the Royal Tea which is by reservation and is $30 each. 

• Like 1

Thanks, lennythenose.  Another change, another cutback!  Elite used to be able to have afternoon tea in their cabin, we never took advantage of that but feel sure it's gone now, too.

Royal Tea is a new concept to charge more $.  I'll probably do it with my cousin since it is her first Princess cruise and she especially likes all things British.  Do you know if it is more than a few sweets?

14 minutes ago, GloriaF said:

Thanks, lennythenose.  Another change, another cutback!  Elite used to be able to have afternoon tea in their cabin, we never took advantage of that but feel sure it's gone now, too.

Royal Tea is a new concept to charge more $.  I'll probably do it with my cousin since it is her first Princess cruise and she especially likes all things British.  Do you know if it is more than a few sweets?

As Elite, you can still get afternoon tea in your cabin. I believe it must be on a sea day. Call Room Service to request it the day prior.

• Like 1

It's complimentary on sea days only in one of the MDR's

I've also heard there are queues and you cannot book - it's just show up.

someone also said in the buffet they also have scones with jam and cream in the afternoons

• Like 1

I was on the Enchanted Princess in August and attended Afternoon Tea on sea days in Amalfi Dining Room. You don't make reservations and it is FREE. The paper Princess Patter has a condensed listing of activities. Always check the app for full list of activities.

Edited by IrieBajan54
add text
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, GloriaF said:

I forgot about the Elite tea. I’ve only been on one Princess cruise so only know what I have read. But I have seen where Elite and suite guests can have tea delivered on the Sun. 

Edited by lennythenose

Just off Discovery Princess and they had a complimentary afternoon tea that was held on two of the last sea days from 3 pm until 4 pm. It wasn't the greatest (service was pretty bad, and they ran out of scones, TWICE!), but they do still offer it and it was free.

8 hours ago, GloriaF said:

On Sun Princess, Two sandwiches (smoked salmon and cucumber and cream cheese) two scones (plain and fruit) with jam and a thicker cream, two cakes (chocolate ganache and some kind of banana cake).  See pictures on my Live from post.

As recently as the spring of this year when we were on a couple of b2b cruises, afternoon tea was always held on a sea day in one of the main dining rooms.  There was no charge for it and you just appeared at the appointed dining room at 3:00 p.m. and would be seated.  They reserved an hour for afternoon tea.  As the Patter is now not as full of activities as it once was, sometimes you will not see it listed as an activity but instead you will find the afternoon tea hours under the hours for each of the dining venues.  There are sandwiches, cookies, cakes and scones offered along with as many cups of hot tea that you want and you can even ask for a specialty tea, such as ginger or chamomile, etc. if that is your preference.

We go every sea day and find it is a nice way to get a little snack midway to dinnertime.