Would you upgrade MSC Seascape YC from Royal to OS

msweebee

19 hours ago, Best Cat Mom said:

We will be glad to follow your Grandiosa travels in 2026 here on CC. Buon viaggio!

Just looked up Grandiosa and was pleasantly surprised to see it's leaving from Port Canaveral in 2026...driving distance for us.  May need to take a closer look...interestingly, the rates are higher for the same time period.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Will have to look into some beach day opportunities if we go this route.

Undoubtedly, there will be YC-only excursions to the best available beach resorts.

The question will be whether or not those excursions are ridiculously over-priced. 😉

32 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Just looked up Grandiosa and was pleasantly surprised to see it's leaving from Port Canaveral in 2026...driving distance for us.  May need to take a closer look...interestingly, the rates are higher for the same time period.

Port Canaveral is another reason we chose Grandiosa for our 2026 cruise in Feb.

We love Radisson's Resort at the Port.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I've got a hold on a YIN for March 1, at approx. $1600 pp, which I think is outstanding!  The OBC is $300, which is lower than past amounts but still nice to have.  I haven't pulled the trigger on the deposit just yet because I want to do some research on the logistics of getting from the airport in Houston to the port of Galveston which is 50 minutes away.  Once we figure that out, I think it will be a go.  The Mexico itins are among my favorite as we simply love Cozumel for the quaint little square downtown.  Only downside of this itin is no Ocean Cay stop and DH loves his beach time.  Will have to look into some beach day opportunities if we go this route.

If you find a flight into Hobby vs IAH you will be closer to Port of Galveston for your March cruise.  IAH is always has so much construction going on that anyone doing a pick up is having to circle or you are waiting at curb for them - just no pausing for a moment.  Driver better have trunk open and you being only a few feet from car and running to hop in!  

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Will have to look into some beach day opportunities if we go this route.

I've never been to Cozumel, but I've read good things about Nachi Cocum beach club. 

• Thanks 1