Brooklyn Embarkation Problem

artvlay

We just received our boarding time at 3pm. We live about two hours from the Brooklyn terminal and whereas we would usually drive and park at the terminal but we won't be coming back to Brooklyn. 

We are getting a ride from a neighbor who has a flight that afternoon from JFK and he is planning on dropping us off around noon.

My husband has a very bad back and can't sit for extended periods of time in the waiting area after the long car ride. 

Any suggestions? Can I contact a special needs department to possibly get our boarding time moved up? If so is there a contact phone number or email address to contact? Will they allow us to get onboard a little earlier?

Thank you for any suggestions.

1 hour ago, artvlay said:

We just received our boarding time at 3pm. We live about two hours from the Brooklyn terminal and whereas we would usually drive and park at the terminal but we won't be coming back to Brooklyn. 

We are getting a ride from a neighbor who has a flight that afternoon from JFK and he is planning on dropping us off around noon.

My husband has a very bad back and can't sit for extended periods of time in the waiting area after the long car ride. 

Any suggestions? Can I contact a special needs department to possibly get our boarding time moved up? If so is there a contact phone number or email address to contact? Will they allow us to get onboard a little earlier?

Thank you for any suggestions.

Dare I suggest contacting any form of special needs might not be a good idea at the moment.

You only need a jobsworth to question the need, add 2+2 to come up with 5 and your boarding might be questioned.

Worse case scenario obviously but such is the hype around 'special needs' at the moment, the left and right hands could be a bit clumsy!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Dare I suggest contacting any form of special needs might not be a good idea at the moment.

You only need a jobsworth to question the need, add 2+2 to come up with 5 and your boarding might be questioned.

Worse case scenario obviously but such is the hype around 'special needs' at the moment, the left and right hands could be a bit clumsy!

Good point. The only temporary assistance in the terminal is a wheelchair, and that won't solve anything and might well raise the wrong questions.

How is he at standing? Arriving at noon will mean more standing than sitting. There's nowhere to sit before you check in, and I haven't seen them fuss about assigned times in Brooklyn. There may be a fairly long queue to check in. And then there's the queue for security. By the time you finish with that, you might have only a short wait before boarding. And if you have to sit and wait at that point, would walking around be better for his back? He could pace back and forth, and the worst would be some people might think he is impatient to board the ship. 

• Like 1

Just a suggestion.  I don't know if you are sailing today.   Why not spend the night in Brooklyn?  Arrange for a later check out and arrive at the pier relaxed and unhurried.  Very little standing around. 
Deck Chair.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1