Sail and Sign cards size?

CathieM88

Hi all! 4 of us are booked on the Oosterdam for 1/20/07 sailing to Mexico for my 50th birthday. I wanted to make up gift bags for all of us and one of the things that I am putting in them is a zippered coin purse which also has a hook attachment. The main purpose of this is to be able to walk around the ship and in ports with a place for our Sail and Sign cards (forgive me as Carnival is the only other cruise we have been on not sure if that is what HAL calls them).

Well, my question is, what size are HAL's Sail and Sign cards? I just received my order with the coin purses and they look just a smidge small for them. The size is 3 3/4" X 2" for the coin purses. Will they work or do I need to return them for a different size.

Thanks! I just want this event to be perfect!!

Hi all! 4 of us are booked on the Oosterdam for 1/20/07 sailing to Mexico for my 50th birthday. I wanted to make up gift bags for all of us and one of the things that I am putting in them is a zippered coin purse which also has a hook attachment. The main purpose of this is to be able to walk around the ship and in ports with a place for our Sail and Sign cards (forgive me as Carnival is the only other cruise we have been on not sure if that is what HAL calls them).

Well, my question is, what size are HAL's Sail and Sign cards? I just received my order with the coin purses and they look just a smidge small for them. The size is 3 3/4" X 2" for the coin purses. Will they work or do I need to return them for a different size.

Thanks! I just want this event to be perfect!!

You can also go to the front desk (I think) and have them punch a hole and wear the card on a lanyard if the card doesn't quite fit in the purse. Or take your own punch. There is a spot marked on the card for it.

Happy birthday and happy cruising.

Hi Cathie,

And welcome to the HAL board. As cruznon says, you are going to love HAL.

As Greg (Rev Neal) pointed out, on HAL we call them Ship's ID, or Room Key. Same size as the Carnival card, just a different name.

Have a wonderful birthday and a wonderful cruise and how very thoughtful of you to think of making gift bags for everybody else - you certainly do deserve to have a wonderful, and perfect, birthday cruise.

Valerie:)

Cathie - Hope all of you have a fabu time on the O next year.

Since the ID is the only thing I had to carry onboard & sometimes I had no pockets, I put the card in the "safest place" I could think of - my bra. It was always handy (not to mention warm ;) ) & always got a smile from whichever steward or shop cashier I was handing it to.

You can also go to the front desk (I think) and have them punch a hole and wear the card on a lanyard if the card doesn't quite fit in the purse. Or take your own punch. There is a spot marked on the card for it.

Please do not puch a hole in your guest card. This signals that you are under 21 and not allowed to drink. Yes, I know, you probably look old enough to drink, and no one could mistake you for being underaged.

Nevertheless, to avoid any confusion, and to help the crew do their job, please don't puch holes in your cards. It causes more problems than it solves.

Thanks ! :)

Several people have posted that the card already has a place that you can punch out so you can put it on a lanyard. IS this not correct?

We have done this on other cruises (not HA) and they have never said anything.

Please do not puch a hole in your guest card. This signals that you are under 21 and not allowed to drink. Yes, I know, you probably look old enough to drink, and no one could mistake you for being underaged.

Nevertheless, to avoid any confusion, and to help the crew do their job, please don't puch holes in your cards. It causes more problems than it solves.

Thanks ! :)

On HAL's guest cards, there are no predesignated places to punch holes; there are no special marks or notations printed anywhere on the cards.

HAL's policy of hole-punching the guest cards to help reduce underaged drinking was put in place a few months ago. It's become especially useful on the Oosterdam.

Thanks

Archived