Live: Majestic Princess Oct 10-12 - Another Cheeky Little Getaway

ceilidh1

On 10/12/2024 at 1:17 AM, PescadoAmarillo said:

The thing about embarkation experiences is that everyone has a single worst. Whether you’ve embarked 2 or 102 times, one is going to be the worst. They’re never all the same. I’ve simply put San Francisco at the bottom of the list of places I’d choose to cruise from. That’ll show ‘em. 

The boarding window was 11:30am to 2:00pm. That's 2.5 hours. Much like the OP, we got in line right before 11:30am and got onboard at 1:19pm, so nearly two hours. A two-hour boarding experience inside of a 2.5 hour boarding window just doesn't work. And that lady barking for us to pack it tight was really close to getting an earful from me...packing it tight does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to change the speed at which check-in happens, so I have no idea what she was trying to accomplish, and Princess will hear about this when I write my survey later.

Add to that we were green lane ready and had already scanned our medallions downstairs, but when we got upstairs and had to visit the check-in people, the first gal said our medallions were broken because none of them worked. Lady, they worked 30 minutes ago downstairs. The second guy said they worked, but we had to redo our photos. Say what? I'm a professional photographer and our photos were beyond fantastic. OK, the backgrounds were darker than they might have liked, but there is zero question about what we look like. And he had to photograph our passports...why? Even funnier, the final check-in point said they had to re-take my photo AGAIN because the photo was blurry. Sheesh.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Yes! I went to the hot tub in Hollywood Conservatory and it was PACKED with kids. I thought that area was adult only, but obviously not! I ended up in the outside one but it had no bubbles…

Hasn’t been since moving to North America.   

There were so few kids on the antecedent 11NT that it didn’t matter, but I can imagine it getting wild on a 2NT. 

On 10/13/2024 at 9:19 AM, ceilidh1 said:

I think the dining issue is less about restaurant capacity and more about staff capacity. I never saw either restaurant full, but I’m betting they just didn’t have the staff to deal with every table if it was!

I saw empty tables in CG as well.  I asked the hostess and was advised that the server for the area was assigned to a large group.  My issue is don't sell an upgrade or the package if you don't have the staff to accommodate the service.  This probably isn't much of an issue on a longer cruise but it was definitely an issue on this 2N cruise.  I get trying to increase profits but there has to also be common sense and not taking advantage of passengers.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, crusinthrough said:

I saw empty tables in CG as well.  I asked the hostess and was advised that the server for the area was assigned to a large group.  My issue is don't sell an upgrade or the package if you don't have the staff to accommodate the service.  This probably isn't much of an issue on a longer cruise but it was definitely an issue on this 2N cruise.  I get trying to increase profits but there has to also be common sense and not taking advantage of passengers.  

I agree with you 100%! I would have been fuming if I bought the premium package and then couldn’t get specialty dining! 

• Like 2

On 10/10/2024 at 7:04 PM, YVRteacher said:

My love affair with Princess is over.

In more than 55 cruises, that was the single worst embarkation experience. I arrived at the port at 11:21am.

The line of passengers was long and was not moving. We were kept outside in the cold, just standing on concrete for 2 hours. 
Port staff were walking up and down the line SCREAMING at people to move closer together. People wanting wheelchair assistance were screamed at. Truly the worst of humanity in these port staff members.

Boarded at 1:32pm and went to muster. My medallion showed I was “off ship” and security was called. The person staffing the muster station was truly awful. 

This is my pizza at Alfredo’s. Barely edible.

IMG_5436.thumb.jpeg.d802e7bcd1b20d66f507d580d13c215a.jpeg

It was burnt on the bottom, the cheese was not even real cheese and the pineapple was simply gross. Actually the whole pizza was gross. Service was slow and inattentive.

we were behind you.  Had intended to arrive on time, but thank God we ran late!   unlike the other poster who liked their Alfredo's experience, ours was just as bad as yours.   Surprising, because I/we love this style of pizza.   We were on after 2pm and had nothing but problems with medallion, which added yet another hour of fun (read as wasted time) -- to get another medallion that at least opened the room, but nothing else.   Thank goodness for the extra cruise credit, because otherwise I would have asked for a refund on the package.   Talked to at least a half dozen other cruisers who had same issues with medallion.   Crown was quite good, but we were starving when we finally got on board and ate lunch too late, we couldn't fully enjoy the meal.    They said no other possible slots, so we couldn't delay it (which with premier, I can imagine was true).   We have another cruise coming up and I am hoping for a much better experience.   If not, we have several reservations that may be forced to move to HAL or C.    

Honestly, the only highlight of the trip was the excellent northern lights display. 

On 10/13/2024 at 9:21 AM, ceilidh1 said:

Yes! I went to the hot tub in Hollywood Conservatory and it was PACKED with kids. I thought that area was adult only, but obviously not! I ended up in the outside one but it had no bubbles…

As I understand it, the rumor is you may get your wish after the next overhaul.   Harmony will be gone.  Noodles bar gone and Conservatory - in some fashion - will become Sanctuary.   Of course, rumors are rumors until confirmed...

On 10/13/2024 at 1:50 PM, peety3 said:

The boarding window was 11:30am to 2:00pm. That's 2.5 hours. Much like the OP, we got in line right before 11:30am and got onboard at 1:19pm, so nearly two hours. A two-hour boarding experience inside of a 2.5 hour boarding window just doesn't work. And that lady barking for us to pack it tight was really close to getting an earful from me...packing it tight does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to change the speed at which check-in happens, so I have no idea what she was trying to accomplish, and Princess will hear about this when I write my survey later.

Add to that we were green lane ready and had already scanned our medallions downstairs, but when we got upstairs and had to visit the check-in people, the first gal said our medallions were broken because none of them worked. Lady, they worked 30 minutes ago downstairs. The second guy said they worked, but we had to redo our photos. Say what? I'm a professional photographer and our photos were beyond fantastic. OK, the backgrounds were darker than they might have liked, but there is zero question about what we look like. And he had to photograph our passports...why? Even funnier, the final check-in point said they had to re-take my photo AGAIN because the photo was blurry. Sheesh.

we asked her --- she claimed there was no more room for the people behind us to line up (Note:  We saw room, but whatever...)

and sadly we shared our medallion experience with you, but it was never really resolved.  tried to get a coffee at the IC and they could see I had pushed the package, but system denied.   They charged it to the nice gentleman behind me.   But that meant I didn't get the other 3 I wanted, nor the juicebar, yada yada yada.   same issue at bar.   not enthusiastic about my experience, but the weather + aurora made the whole trip worth it!   now it's going to be 99 again this week (36C) 😞.  someone forgot to pay to turn off the heat!

• Like 1