Hurricane Milton

We are still on The Seashore

So we opted to not fly home from Nassau and to ride it out.

Our day in Nassau was hot and humid but had a lot of fun at Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville's beach and water park.

I feel the communication on board has been good, everyone has been apologetic about this delay, free wifi for all and today a special brunch for everyone in the main dining room.

Not sure how many people are onboard but I feel likes it's only about 50% occupancy. Nothing seems crowded. I know several on our roll call decided not to go do to the weather concerns.

• Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, mcmomny said:

We are still on The Seashore

So we opted to not fly home from Nassau and to ride it out.

Our day in Nassau was hot and humid but had a lot of fun at Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville's beach and water park.

I feel the communication on board has been good, everyone has been apologetic about this delay, free wifi for all and today a special brunch for everyone in the main dining room.

Not sure how many people are onboard but I feel likes it's only about 50% occupancy. Nothing seems crowded. I know several on our roll call decided not to go do to the weather concerns.

Did they tell you when you would get to port?

Enchantment still hasnt been updated on the next stop but folks are saying that we may return to tampa on monday instead of saturday. Not confirmed thoufh but the app has 2 more days on our schedule.

Yup we were supposed to leave on the Enchantment Saturday and they shortened our cruise by 2 days and took away two ports. We leave Monday and No Belize or Honduras. Only Mexico. 

Edited by DEMOLITOND3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DEMOLITOND3 said:

Yup we were supposed to leave on the Enchantment Saturday and they shortened our cruise by 2 days and took away two ports. We leave Monday and No Belize or Honduras. Only Mexico. 

Hopefully you are getting some good compensation!

More Carnival updates from their official website:

• Sunrise will return to port tomorrow (Friday) and embark on its next cruise the same day
  • Elation's cruise that was scheduled for today will finally embark on Saturday and go on a road - er, cruise - to nowhere for its remaining 2 days
  • Paradise's cruise on October 14 could embark from either Tampa (if the port is OK) or Port Canaveral (if Tampa is not OK).  Free shuttles will be provided if they embark from PC.  Stay tuned for more details.

MSC Seashore , Captain just announced that we will dock Friday in Port Canaveral, not sure what time yet but we need our luggage out by 10 am tomorrow!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Pr1612 said:

Enchantment of the seas just lost power today at the xozumel port 😞

Oh no! Storm related? Ugh after all this if they need to cancel the next cruise to fix the ship when we just rebooked and the new reservations won't be refundable. (I had to argue hard for the first prepaid hotel to be refunded...despite the fact that they were closed and evacuated...).

14 hours ago, DEMOLITOND3 said:

Not really. They offered 2 days of cruise fare back as an onboard credit. And that goes back on your card 14 business days after the final day of cruising. 😐 

Yeah I didn't consider that compensation, but rather not charging for what they're not providing.

Re the $200 towards airline changes, does that only apply to change fees? Or will it also cover the higher airline tickets we had to rebook on? I'm guessing just change fees (and we paid with points so might be screwed even so), but maybe someone has had success in getting the higher flight prices covered?

4 minutes ago, KSprite01 said:

Enchantment boarding late unfortunately. No extra compensation either. 

Yeah captain just said here we disembark self assist at 1215pm. My flight leaves tpa at 245. Ill probably have to reachsdule my flight again 😞