Luggage tags

Completed my check in docs for Royal but some how I cant find my Luggage tags to print. Never had a problem on past check ins in fact I went back in to documents before and printed extra tags. I have obviously missed something must be with all these birthdays wizzing by.🤨 Can any body enlighten this vintage Person.

Cheers John.

4 minutes ago, JohnGc said:

Completed my check in docs for Royal but some how I cant find my Luggage tags to print. Never had a problem on past check ins in fact I went back in to documents before and printed extra tags. I have obviously missed something must be with all these birthdays wizzing by.🤨 Can any body enlighten this vintage Person.

Cheers John.

When is your cruise?  Documents, including luggage tags, become available to print only a few weeks before departure.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Port Power said:

When is your cruise?  Documents, including luggage tags, become available to print only a few weeks before departure.

As stated documents were available and printed for November cruise did not see luggage tags.

No worries. 

They will tag your bags when you show up at the port.

We usually do that. That 🤬😠 "print your own" idea is just a petty cost-saving exercise by the cruise lines.

• Like 1

Just to check you're looking in the right place ...

Personalizer on the Princess website, not app.

Top of screen, either laptop or phone, it should show a link for "Luggage Tags & Travel Summary". Click on that and the luggage tag link should then show up. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Just to check you're looking in the right place ...

Personalizer on the Princess website, not app.

Top of screen, either laptop or phone, it should show a link for "Luggage Tags & Travel Summary". Click on that and the luggage tag link should then show up. 

Thanks for your reply but I notice you mention Princess but on my Royal Caribbean it does not show them not even when I go into view check in docs or edit on my account. 

Edited by JohnGc

21 minutes ago, buchhalm said:

No worries. 

They will tag your bags when you show up at the port.

We usually do that. That 🤬😠 "print your own" idea is just a petty cost-saving exercise by the cruise lines.

Thank you. Yes I did think that is what I will do but I was interested to find out why I could not see them seeing I have cruised many times with Royal and never had this problem before. Hopefully their tags at the port are sturdy enough to stay on the cases as I have always put them in a clear label holder.

9 minutes ago, JohnGc said:

thanks for you reply but I notice you mention Princess but on my Royal Caribbean it does not show them not even when I go into view check in docs or edit on my account. 

You just mentioned Royal and since people often abbreviate the Princess ship names I wasn't sure whether you were talking about Royal Princess or not.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

You just mentioned Royal and since people often abbreviate the Princess ship names I wasn't sure whether you were talking about Royal Princess or not.

Oh, Julie you are correct. I realised that I have made a mistake and should have put Royal Caribbean and not Just Royal. After your last reply I would have edited my original post it but it was too late. Thank you for pointing that out to me. I really appreciate you trying to help me along with all your other post in the past that have been invaluable to me. 

Cheers John

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JohnGc said:

Thank you. Yes I did think that is what I will do but I was interested to find out why I could not see them seeing I have cruised many times with Royal and never had this problem before. Hopefully their tags at the port are sturdy enough to stay on the cases as I have always put them in a clear label holder.

The tags we issue  at the terminal are more than sturdy enough ( they only need to make it from the pier to the ship)  and are easier to use, better than having to print them out and staple them to your bags. 

• Thanks 1

John, I am on the same cruise as you. The luggage tags always become available 30 days out, so around October 20th. Don’t worry. If you have checked in online you don’t need to print anything else unless you want a hard copy of your boarding pass.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

The tags we issue  at the terminal are more than sturdy enough ( they only need to make it from the pier to the ship)  and are easier to use, better than having to print them out and staple them to your bags. 

Great thanks for that, good to know. Thats what I will do when boarding in Singapore. You have educated me not to bother printing them in the future. 😄 👍

Cheers John

Edited by JohnGc

2 hours ago, JohnGc said:

Oh, Julie you are correct. I realised that I have made a mistake and should have put Royal Caribbean and not Just Royal. After your last reply I would have edited my original post it but it was too late. Thank you for pointing that out to me. I really appreciate you trying to help me along with all your other post in the past that have been invaluable to me. 

Cheers John

No worries, John. 😊 If you cruise Royal Caribbean often then Royal means  them, if you cruise Princess regularly like us then Royal means Royal Princess. 🤔😆

• Like 2

23 hours ago, fairywren said:

These are what we use

IMG_0189.png

I think those reusable luggage tag holders are some of the best of the little extra things I have bought for cruising. They are really solid and re-usable.  I got mine from eBay, cost $4.

If your paper luggage tag accidently falls off or gets torn off, you will wait a very long time for your luggage to be delivered to your room.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cruiser3775 said:

I think those reusable luggage tag holders are some of the best of the little extra things I have bought for cruising. They are really solid and re-usable.  I got mine from eBay, cost $4.

If your paper luggage tag accidently falls off or gets torn off, you will wait a very long time for your luggage to be delivered to your room.

Do these also take Princess tags ?  

43 minutes ago, JohnGc said:

Do these also take Princess tags ?  

Princess tags are wider than Royal Caribbean so if you buy the smaller holders then you need different ones for Princess. However if you buy the bigger size they work for a cruise lines.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Princess tags are wider than Royal Caribbean so if you buy the smaller holders then you need different ones for Princess. However if you buy the bigger size they work for a cruise lines.

Thanks Julie, just ordered 6 wide ones from Amazon.🙂 

Cheers John.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ceeceeDee said:

Yes. If you google the luggage tags it should come up with tags designed to fit individual cruise lines.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=princess+luggage+tag+holders

Thanks for the link. We will need the wide ones for our Princess cruise further down the track.🙂

Cheers John

• Like 1

We use the wide ones for every cruise line. It is simply an A4 page folded in half, then tri-fold in the other direction. Royals tags display all of the relevant info in those wide ones too.

I am tight, and I am not sure I would pay for them. Ours were free from our T/A who issued them with each cruise at one stage, so we have a few. Not that all agents would have them, but a polite ask might find your agency could have some hanging around in an office drawer somewhere.

• Like 1