POLL Viking Payments

HUNKY

Viking payments...  

52 members have voted

1. 1. How do you pay Viking? Why do you choose that method?

• I use eCheck to get the 3.3% discount.
    • I use a rewards or points credit card for cash back or miles.
    • I use a credit card for included trip insurance.
    • I would use a Viking branded credit card if it existed.

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 10/31/2024 at 11:28 PM

I'm curious as to how people make payments to Viking.

I use a 3% cash-back card from a warehouse club since my TA gives good OBC that Viking direct does not.  I'm double-dipping!

Edited by HUNKY

• HUNKY changed the title to POLL Viking Payments

I am all about the points.

Insurance on credit cards does not cover what I want and need in insurance and is only the secondary to my full insurance policy if it does not cover something completely.  (Canadian here and all insurance is different than in the USA - credit cards or direct to the insurance company.)

• Like 1

We use a premium travel credit card that gives 3% back in points & includes travel insurance that we supplement. Also, when using points,  we get 50% discount when booking travel through their portal - which equates to 4.5% in point rewards. 

23 hours ago, WestW said:

We use a premium travel credit card that gives 3% back in points & includes travel insurance that we supplement. Also, when using points,  we get 50% discount when booking travel through their portal - which equates to 4.5% in point rewards. 

Can you share the name of the card?

17 hours ago, HUNKY said:

WestW - Can you book Viking via the travel portal?

Can you share the name of the card?

Yes, I was referring to the Chase Sapphire Reserve. They usually have a great signing bonus and each year after that we find it easily pays for itself.  We charge all travel (including AirBnB) and all restaurants to it and get 3% rewards back. We then typically use the points we earned for hotels (booked through their portal) and get an additional 25-50% discount on points needed to book a room. We don’t find air travel prices as competitive on the portal as booking directly with an airline. There also is an option to transfer earned points to some airlines on a 1 point to 1 mile basis.  If you book a hotel in the portal  without using points you get 5-10% back in points earned and 5% for air travel.    

The portal does not show cruise lines - you must call a 800 number to book them. Apparently they represent most lines except Disney but we haven’t tried so can’t share any experience. 

Edited by WestW