Guaranteed Balcony

Hi there, We have booked a guaranteed balcony and thought that we would not get our cabin assigned until we got to the port but we have just got our booking references and have logged on to RC site and it seems they have already allocated cabins although we are not sailing until the end of November. Does anyone know if these cabins will be what we get or can RC change them at any time.

Thanks.:)

They "can" change them, but unless something comes up that would require them to need your cabin, it's likely this is the cabin you will have. Hope you like it! :) If not, this is the time to contact your TA and make a change.

They "can" change them, but unless something comes up that would require them to need your cabin, it's likely this is the cabin you will have. Hope you like it! :) If not, this is the time to contact your TA and make a change.

Luckily we like where they have put us and we are hoping they do not change it. Unluckily here is the UK once we have paid a deposit on a vacation we cannot change it like you seem to be able to do in the US without losing the deposit already paid. The deposit is about 25% of the total holiday cost so is a lot to loose. We do not get the holiday price reduced if prices go down either. I think I would much prefer to US system as I gather from reading a few posts that you can chop and change as many times as you like.

myusernamehasgone

I found out recently while reading the small print in the UK brochure(I was bored):o ....if the price goes down...you can get refund...check out page 118 -rule1.9 .. of the current Worldwide brochure....for all the small print....I have read of others though in UK who have been able to get refund/credits.:D

I usually book mine through US TA...but for the Navigator on the Med next year I will use a UK TA.:D

Liz

WYWH Cruiser

myusernamehasgone

I found out recently while reading the small print in the UK brochure(I was bored):o ....if the price goes down...you can get refund...check out page 118 -rule1.9 .. of the current Worldwide brochure....for all the small print....I have read of others though in UK who have been able to get refund/credits.:D

I usually book mine through US TA...but for the Navigator on the Med next year I will use a UK TA.:D

Liz

WYWH Cruiser

Thanks for that I will get reading. I think this would probably work well if you book direct with RC but if you book with a travel agent who is already offering a substantial discount on the brochure price it is almost impossible to see if price has gone down as their prices are already cheaper than RC. RC are still selling the cruise we are going on for more than we are paying through a TA, can only assume that TA are passing on part of their commission.;)

When they did that to us months in advance that was the cabin you stayed with. Doesnt seem like a good deal for getting an upgrade when they already pick you one and leave you there.

It's not meant to be a good deal. It is meant to be cheaper. That is why you should book the room you want.

myusernameisgone

I would guess the price being lower is indeed someting to do with the TA and their commission.:D I would guess the only way you would then get a refund would be if RCCI's price went even lower than your TA's price. :D

Oh the joys of cruising eh :D all part of the excitement :D

Happy cruising

Liz

WYWH Cruiser

Archived