Anniversary decorations

Does RCCL put up decorations (other than those for purchase) for special occasions? I have often seen anniversary or birthday balloons by cabin doors on Princess.

My friends are taking their first cruise to celebrate their 20th and I'd like to be sure it's special for them.

If you mean just because they know it is your anniversary...the answer is no.... we just sailed Serenade end of Nov for our 25th anniversary. Our TA put on our booking it was our silver anniversary.... they did however bring us a cupcake sized cake with Happy Anniversary on it one night. It also was my husbands birthday our last night.....you can buy a small cake but I knew he would not have wanted me to do that. You can buy decor and they will put it up....for a price.

Isn't the cruise enough? Are decorations worth the $$$? I'd rather get a drink, or play blackjack or eat at a specialty restaurant than pay for paper decorations! Maybe it's just me! Maybe I'm too cheap!!!

My brother last year decorated my wife's and I room with Anniverssary decorations and it was cute, it made the room look more alive and festive. For 20 bucks I think it is worth it, when you first walk into your room and see it decorated it does make you feel special.

Has anyone ever had the decorations? I know they cost $20+. Were they nice enough to bother with?

I ordered honeymoon decorations when we went on Mariner. When we arrived the room was beautifully decorated with a nice cake included. Well worth the 29.00, took pics of them, and saved most of the deco for the scrap book. Highly recommend them for your special occassions.

Happy sailing

Thanks! I appreciate the advice.

Has anyone ever heard if it's possible to prepurchase a night in the specialty dining hall as a gift? (I don't really just want to put the $$ credit on the Set Sail Pass - I'm thinking more of a "gift certificate".)

Thanks! I appreciate the advice.

Has anyone ever heard if it's possible to prepurchase a night in the specialty dining hall as a gift? (I don't really just want to put the $$ credit on the Set Sail Pass - I'm thinking more of a "gift certificate".)

Unfortunately, no. The closest you can get is purchasing a shipboard credit for the onboard account to be spent at the user's discretion.

In my opionion, the decorations are worth it. (There were no balloons, however. If you saw balloons on RCCL, someone must have brought them.)

The decorations stayed up all week, so the room had a festive feel. And a small cake is included in the price of the decorations.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with the decoration responses so far. My TA ordered the anniversary decorations as a surprise for our 10th anniversary cruise. I thought they were cheesy and worth about $1.99, ok, maybe $4.99 and know they cost more than $20. We did have balloons taped to the ceiling and this was on RCCL, but it was about 7 years ago. Would have rather had that $$ in a bottle of wine or onboard credit. But that's just me. I will say the crew did a nice job of hanging everything over the bed so it looked like a canopy, but by day 3 everything was sagging and we ended up tearing it down.

You can't get a "real" gift cert for the specialty restaurants, but you could do onboard credit and make your own certificate letting the happy couple know you deposited money for them and hope they enjoy a nice dinner with it.

I see they have a 'Congratulations' cake, but I wish they also had 'Congratulations' decorations ~ I'm bringing my niece and a friend on a cruise next year for her high school graduation. I'll probably order the cake; has anyone seen the 'Bon Voyage' decorations? Maybe I could get the congrats cake and bon voyage decor...? I could just bring the stuff with me, let her stay someplace else for awhile with her friend, while I go to the room and quickly decorate [i'm a wiz at that!], but it would be nice to have it done and all go to the room together... :rolleyes:

I see they have a 'Congratulations' cake, but I wish they also had 'Congratulations' decorations ~ I'm bringing my niece and a friend on a cruise next year for her high school graduation. I'll probably order the cake; has anyone seen the 'Bon Voyage' decorations? Maybe I could get the congrats cake and bon voyage decor...? I could just bring the stuff with me, let her stay someplace else for awhile with her friend, while I go to the room and quickly decorate [i'm a wiz at that!], but it would be nice to have it done and all go to the room together... :rolleyes:

All of the decorations are exactly the same (birthday, anniversary, bon voyage) except for the wording on the main streamer. So the bon voyage would work fine with your congratulations cake, in my opinion.

Archived