???RCCL???discounts duh

OK bear with me. I have res. on 9/22 EOS E2 total approx $2500/2pp. Today email comes in for 9/8 same trip. Buy 1 get 1 1/2 price. Ok I look at JS $1699 pp. Ok thats 1699 plus 850. Gee I could get the same price in JS if I move to 9/8. I call RCCL they tell me that RCCL raised the price (not on internet yet tho) to $2500 pp JS so its $2500 plus $1250 for 2nd. Gee that cost more than if I booked on internet. If thats not false advertising What Is! What do you think??

OK bear with me. I have res. on 9/22 EOS E2 total approx $2500/2pp. Today email comes in for 9/8 same trip. Buy 1 get 1 1/2 price. Ok I look at JS $1699 pp. Ok thats 1699 plus 850. Gee I could get the same price in JS if I move to 9/8. I call RCCL they tell me that RCCL raised the price (not on internet yet tho) to $2500 pp JS so its $2500 plus $1250 for 2nd. Gee that cost more than if I booked on internet. If thats not false advertising What Is! What do you think??

Cancel and rebook on 9/8. Sometimes the dates of the specials are because they can't fill the ship. The week on 9/8 is hard because that is somewhere around the first week of school and parents don't want to leave the kids at that time. If you can go that week though it is a great deal.

Judy,

I agree with you. That ad of 1/2 price on second passenger is very deceptive. According to the ad in the e-mail today, if you book an E balcony cabin on the 9/8 EOS sailing for @$1,600 first passenger, then $800 for the second passenger you would pay approx. the same price as you are paying for 2 people in an E balcony cabin on the 9/22 sailing. So where exactly is the savings? Why is this even a deal? Plus, I just checked Travelocity's cruise site and the Sept. 8th EOS sailing shows the JS at @ $1,897 pp and the D3 @ $1,200 pp, there weren't any E's that showed availability. So if you call them and tell them these prices that are showing on Travelocity and ask for the 50% off 2nd passenger discount, I don't know how they can deny you. If they do, then it would appear to be "False" advertising, not just deceptive advertising. Good luck.

I did email them. Explained as much as I could and they reply that the price I get from an email (which was not the case it was a website price) can not be guaranteed. They never even read what I said. But I just wanted to make a point. I'm sticking with my 9/22 sailing and hope the prices go down lol (I doubt it). Thanks for reply tho.

I did email them. Explained as much as I could and they reply that the price I get from an email (which was not the case it was a website price) can not be guaranteed. They never even read what I said. But I just wanted to make a point. I'm sticking with my 9/22 sailing and hope the prices go down lol (I doubt it). Thanks for reply tho.
If you wanted a deal for Sept 8th on the Explorer, you could have had your E2 for in the $900's a couple weeks ago.

Yes I'm aware of the deals that were out there, but to give up my center hump (room avalibilty was not great for balconies) on 8th erfloor was a concern. Then I saw the JS center hump on 9 was included in the sale 1/2 off 2nd person and that peeked my interest. But for them to raise base price from 1699 to 2500 NO WAY. I considered my booking a good one with the $300 off for being diamond plus the $50 for recent coupon. I am always looking tho for a better deal lol.

I posted earlier on this topic. I am very frustrated. I spent two hours on hold with RCCL. They will not honor the half off the second passenger at anything other than the "jacked up" prices. I am very disappointed in the deceptive advertising practices that they have been employing lately.

Almost a year ago, I booked a D1, Explorer for 8/06, at $1699 for passengers 1 & 2 and $899 for passengers 3 & 4. Those were the prices that were on the RCCL site this morning. When I call to take advantage of todays sale, I get told that the price has been raised to almost $2300 for passengers 1 & 2.

Last week when they were running the free upgrade special I called to take advantage of that promotion. I was told that I couldn't take advantage of that one because there were no D-1's available. But I already had my room booked and just wanted the promotional rate.

Very frustrating.

Archived