Advice on ways to get great last minute cruise deals??

tray

DH and I have decided to go somewhere (sans kids!) for our anniversary at the end of May (or beginning of June). But we have lots of different trips already scheduled (weddings, 50th b-day Christmas cruise, family reunion in the Outer Banks) for 2006. So we're looking for a good deal. I remember an old friend of DH's mentioning that he got a fantastic deal on a balcony room on a RCI ship going to Alaska a couple of years ago, but he waited until the week before sailing to book. Does anyone have any stories to share with me------------or better yet----advice on how to go about getting a good deal at the last minute??? I'm tempted to just book a flight to Vegas and stay there for a few days, but I've really got cruise fever!!!:rolleyes: Thx!!

I've signed up to get last-minute email offers from the various cruise lines. Our timeframe window is set for 3-5 weeks before sailing, but I know at least a couple of the cruise lines allow you to set it for less. I've also signed up to get email offers from a few Internet travel agencies. They're frequently the same deals that I get directly from the cruise lines. But sometimes there are some great deals available that I wouldn't know of otherwise. I just wish we could take advantage of more of them.

I remember that last summer there were a lot of deals on May cruises to Alaska. The cheapest I see right now for a 7-night cruise is $453 for an inside cabin on Holland America's Veendam.

Archived