Hotel at the Port of Miami?

trvlady

We are booked on the Valor for 2/18/07 and will be flying in the day before. I called the Holiday Inn at the Port of Miami but they have a group coming in and are full. Does anyone know of another hotel that is close to the Port of Miami and kid friendly (10 & 13 yr old)?

We stayed at the Clarion downtown which is close to the Holiday Inn. We paid $89 and I wouldn't recommend it. It sits right next to an overpass and homeless people sleep under it. The rooms weren't clean and the staff were not friendly.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn, don't worry, you didn't miss anything. the only good thing about staying there is the wonderful location. Because you will be cruising in Feb which is high season for Miami (winter) you may find all the rates a little shocking. There is an intercontenental near the Holiday Inn, but if it were me I would look toward staying near the airport. The various hotels near the Blue Lagoon area offer almost a resort atmosphere. NMnita

We stayed at the Marriott Bayside. It was wonderful. We watched the ships leave on the evening we arrived and got up early and watched our ship come into port. I don't know how much it was my sister used her Marriott points for our room.

good luck

Ditto - we stayed there last year and we were not impressed for the money we spent.

We stayed at the Clarion downtown which is close to the Holiday Inn. We paid $89 and I wouldn't recommend it. It sits right next to an overpass and homeless people sleep under it. The rooms weren't clean and the staff were not friendly.

We are booked on the Valor for 2/18/07 and will be flying in the day before. I called the Holiday Inn at the Port of Miami but they have a group coming in and are full. Does anyone know of another hotel that is close to the Port of Miami and kid friendly (10 & 13 yr old)?

Book something right now and get picky later. Not only is that peak season for South Florida, it is President's Week which is the peak week of peak season AND on top of that, it is the weekend of The Miami International Boat Show.

The Miami International Boat Show holds room blocks in 21 downtown hotels and will sell out hotel rooms as far south as Key West and as far north as Palm Beach.

Attendence is over 150,000 people.

Again, book something now and then start shopping around.

I bid two weeks ago from $70 to $95 on Priceline before my bid was accepted for Fri & Sat. nights (July 7,8 2006). We'll be staying at the 4****Hyatt Regency Miami downtown.($95 per nt!) I'm assuming the price was high because of the Freedom of the Seas adding to pre-cruise hotel bookings. Last July, we stayed at the Intercontinental Miami downtown with a winning bid of $65!

I too, think that downtown hotels are becoming very expensive. The Holiday Inn for 2007 either is sold out or lowest refundable rate at $199. Yikes! Does anyone know if there are any hotels that offer shuttles to Bayside?? We love Bayside and want to be able to go there in the evening but not at $200 per night!

Archived