Breadsticks On Jewel

Does the JOS supply breadsticks at dinner? If not, I may have to cancel my transatlantic - ha ha!!!

There was a lady at our table that called the head waiter over the very first night. She told him she wanted bread sticks on the table waiting for her every night when she got there.

There was. A glass of them in front of her seat every dinner for the entire cruise.

So, they must have them somewhere on board these ships. Give it a try and ask.

Forgot to say that was the Enchantment.

The bread basket is not set on the table, but brought around by your assistant waiter. There are usually 3 different breads to choose from, but I have not seen breadsticks offered in the past 2 years. I'm sure if you asked for them, you could get them. Not leaving the bread basket on the table is just one thing that ships are doing in an attempt to decrease health risks. There are no longer bar snacks automatically set out in open containers either.

Thanks Alexis. But does that mean that they are not on every table with the rolls etc?

This is baaaaad!!!!

That was the first and last time I have ever seen bread sticks on a RCCL dinner table. These were about 10-12 inches long and very skinny.

Or any other ship we have sailed come to think of it. :o

Alexis - Celebrity and Princess both have breadsticks. There has been some debate about whose are better - I think Princess although the Celebrity ones are fine!!

Royal Carribean - are you listening?:D

39August - interesting about the hygiene. However, Celebrity puts out the breadsticks etc. and their rate of infection is probably less than some other lines, I think!!!

I read somewhere, that you are more likely to catch one of these bugs from the people who prepare the food - however, who knows? I certainly do not fault any cruise line for taking any precautions they consider may help prevent an outbreak.

People pick up a roll or slice of bread, decide they don't want it and put it back in the basket. If they're contagious, you catch whatever by eating the bread.

The bread sticks on the Empress were wrapped in plastic.

Archived