Best place to snorkel & the Baths

amy2313

Will be cruising to Tortola the end of may for the very first time with a gourp of 15. Most of us want to snorkel or just lounge inthe sun - which would be the best place on Tortola to go snorkeling?

Also - i've read a lot of reviews suggesting just to go to the Baths. As this is our first time in Tortola and we are only there from 7am until 2pm, is it that much better to travel more to the Baths. What's everyone's opinions? Pros and Cons of Tortola & the Baths.

Thanks so much for the Help!!!

Come on - someone out there must have an opinion for a first timer in Tortola if we should just take in the sights there or travel to Virgin Gorda the Baths. We want to go snorkeling while there and have read to try Brewers Bay - but is this the best?

And again do we stay in Tortola or go to the Baths??

Just my opinion but if I was only going to be on Tortola from 7-2 then I would opt for going to Brewer's since some want to snorkle and some want to hang on the beach. Really not a lot of time for going to the Bath's.

Nicole's Beach bar and restaurant is on the West end of Brewer's beach with cold drinks and food. The snorkeling is good on the West side too so your whole party can hang together. Make arrangement's with your taxi driver over for a return pick up and time.

Just got back from NCL Sun's April 1 cruise. The Baths were our very favorite excursion. We expected a beautiful and unique beach but what we didn't expect was the wonderful snorkeling!!. We snorkeled in Cayo Levantado, Buck Island (off charlotte amalie harbor) and at Great Stirrup. It was the BEST at the Baths. Just snorkel along the boulders from the main beach at the bottom of the trail to Devil's beach (to the left). It was marvelous! We have vowed to return!

Thank you so much for both of your opinions. Due to the time constants though, maybe you are right and we should plan on Brewers Bay in Tortola. Unless someone could advise us that the snorkeling is that much better in one place then the other... Tortola snorkeling vs. the Baths snorkeling.

Thanks again for the help!

Just back from Tortola, had your same concerns about what to do. We opted for a taxi to Brewer's Bay. It was $6.pp each way and the driver asked us when we wanted to be picked up. It was a beautiful, small, uncrowded beach. My husband rented snorkel stuff right there at the beach for next to nothing. They had a bar and snack area. Very reasonably priced. There were lounge chairs for rent. Hubby saw lots of colorful sealife! I am happy with our choice. We were still able to walk the 1 block to the straw market for souvenirs after we returned and we got to see the island on the way over the top to the beach. Now I can go again to see the Baths!

Just back from Tortola, had your same concerns about what to do. We opted for a taxi to Brewer's Bay. It was $6.pp each way and the driver asked us when we wanted to be picked up. It was a beautiful, small, uncrowded beach. My husband rented snorkel stuff right there at the beach for next to nothing. They had a bar and snack area. Very reasonably priced. There were lounge chairs for rent. Hubby saw lots of colorful sealife! I am happy with our choice. We were still able to walk the 1 block to the straw market for souvenirs after we returned and we got to see the island on the way over the top to the beach. Now I can go again to see the Baths!

Thank you so much - that definitely eased our concerns for waht to do while in TOrtola

The Bath's are a "must do", but I am afraid that you do not have the time to get there and back,...having said that, we were just in Tortola on the Sea Princess and headed off to Brewers where we thoroughly enjoyed our day. That would be a good choice and then next time, if you have a couple more hours, head over to the Baths. There is only one other place in the world like it.

Archived