Constellation - Water onboard

SF

I've read some past threads stating that the color of the water on board had a yellow tint to it at times. Has anyone who's sailed on the Constellation recently noticed if this is still a problem?

Also does this ship have a soda card and if so how much does it cost?

Thanks for replying. How did you enjoy your cruise? We're thinking of booking the Constellation for a Europe 2007 trip. Any suggestions or information would be appreciated. :)

hey, I was on the March 18th sailing of the connie... our water always looked just fine :) I posted a review of the cruise (not too thorough, but it might help you). As for the soda card, we bought one, but I don't drink coke/use it, so I will get back to you once the soda drinker gets home and can tell me how much it cost, unless someone beats me to it :) I do know it is based on a daily rate though, (I think you can buy it later than day one and you pay less because they would deduct the daily rate of the days you missed off of the price). Also, I remember that if you plan to have more than one or two sodas a day it makes a lot of sense.

On a side note about it: My father was nice to the man in the liquor shop and was able to purchase and bring a bottle of rum up to the room. He would buy a coke with the card, and mix it with rum in the room, rather than buying a rum and coke from the bar. It really did save quite a lot of money, as the man enjoys a rum and coke, and he could make it as strong as he wanted (he likes a little coke with his rum, and the bartenders just can't make it that way, LOL).

Sounds like you all had an enjoyable time onboard the Connie. How was the entertainment and the food? We've been on Celebrity before but not on any of the M Class ships. I believe this is a M class isn't it? Is it the sister to Infinity or Millennium or both?

I shouldn't drink soda but it's definitely worth the price for a card not to have to run a tab everytime you want one.

Yellow colored water is a common problem on just about every cruise ship. In 24 cruises, I have noted the phenomenon about 60% of the time. It is short lived, and must not cause any problems. Probably comes from the hydro/desalination/pipe systems.

If you heat water with an all metal system minerals/metals will leach into the water. Maybe there is an ship expert that could give us a good explanation??

:) Kel

Yellow colored water is a common problem on just about every cruise ship.

I disagree with this statement as we've been on close to 50 cruises and have never experienced yellow colored water. Don't think I'd want to use it to brush my teeth or shower in.

Glad to hear that it appears this problem that was mentioned on several older threads hasn't been noticed on recent cruises.

I disagree with this statement as we've been on close to 50 cruises and have never experienced yellow colored water. Don't think I'd want to use it to brush my teeth or shower in.

Glad to hear that it appears this problem that was mentioned on several older threads hasn't been noticed on recent cruises.

I've see it all the time. Mostly in the sink, almost never in the shower or toilet. In fact, we had yellow water in our sink on the Century last week on the next to last day. Lasted about 2 hours. Have you not noticed that every cruise ship sink that is 4+ years old has a stain that runs from the faucet to the drain? Very common problem.

Sorry:) -- I don't want to gross you out.

Kel

Just got off Constellation on friday. No yellow water in my sink and no stain in any area that water would touch. I have never seen this in my 11 cruises on Celebrity and 9 cruises on other lines. Maybe I was just lucky. I don't think it is something you should worry about. Pat

lysolqn and RodPat:

Thanks for letting me know the water on Connie was fine when you sailed. Was just curious as several people mentioned this on the older threads. Like I stated prior, we never encounter anything in regards to discolored water on any of the cruises we've been on.

I've see it all the time. Mostly in the sink, almost never in the shower or toilet. In fact, we had yellow water in our sink on the Century last week on the next to last day. Lasted about 2 hours. Have you not noticed that every cruise ship sink that is 4+ years old has a stain that runs from the faucet to the drain? Very common problem.

Sorry:) -- I don't want to gross you out.

Kel

kelmac:

I don't "gross out" that easily but still wouldn't want to see yellow water in the bathroom sink and glad we haven't.

SF -

The cruise from which we've just returned was our fourth on Constellation (the first was transatlantic during her inaugural season, the second and third were in the Baltic last spring and the spring before) and we've never noticed a problem with the water. I know there've been some posts re yellow/brown water on board but not as far as we could tell.

Archived